What is ash-free filter paper for
Filter paper and filters made from paper-like materials are used in many fields to separate solids from liquids or gases; physically, to separate a solid phase from an aqueous or gaseous one.
- In the household
- In motor vehicles
- In chemical and biological laboratories
- solid / liquid: numerous applications with special filter papers (see below)
Use in the chemistry laboratory
In the chemical laboratory, filter paper is important for preparative and analytical work.. Papers with different pore sizes have been developed for the various purposes:
Filter shapes and pore sizes
Filter papers are considered flat for the different funnel shapes Round filter or as pre-folded Pleated filter executed.
Depending on the application, papers with different pore sizes are used, which are identified by color codes:
- Black band filter serve for coarse precipitation (fast filtration)
- White band filter serve for finer precipitates (medium-fast filtration)
- Blue band filter serve for very fine precipitates (slow filtration)
Ashless filter paper
Ash-free filters burn up practically residue-free when a filtered precipitate is dried and incinerated and thus does not influence the sample weight during gravimetric analytical work, as is the case with conventional filters.
Use in the biology laboratory
Round filters are used here, but not for filtering, but for keeping z. B. of small-cut parts of plants in preparative work. As a rule, round filters of the appropriate size are placed in Petri dishes for this purpose.
- ↑Brockhaus ABC chemistry, VEB F. A. Brockhaus Verlag Leipzig 1965, pp. 412-413.
- ↑ Walter Wittenberger: Chemical laboratory technology, Springer-Verlag, Vienna, New York, 7th edition, 1973, pp. 105-107, ISBN 3-211-81116-8.
- How do click consonants arise
- What is the full form of CAMS
- Is Weebly easier to use than Wix
- What does the word Charkha mean
- What does it mean to spoil a girl
- Do Americans mind paying taxes?
- Honesty and integrity are the same
- Can a communist country be rich
- What is metamorphosis in insects
- Why are you an entrepreneur
- Online education really pays off
- Which is better Google Domains or Whois
- Are there psychologists and therapists in Japan?
- Should I go into biomedical engineering?
- What causes kidney disease and kidney failure
- How good is Halo dry cat food
- Suffering man is made
- Work weight loss subliminal work
- Is there a treatment for mood swings
- Why does photorealism matter
- You can keep your US citizenship
- Why do people never feel complete
- What is extrachromosomal inheritance
- How do you say Alarm in German