How do I build a stronger body
Strengthen the immune system: home remedies, alternative healing methods and nutrition tips
Healthy nutrition for better defenses:
Vegetables and fresh fruits should be a large part of the daily nutrition plan. They provide many important nutrients and fiber for the intestines and intestinal flora. They also contain antioxidants that relieve the immune system. Broccoli, cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, garlic, spinach, dark berries and grapes, citrus fruits and nuts are particularly good for the immune system. Those who eat a varied and healthy diet do not need any additional food supplements. Unless you have a medical condition that requires a certain nutrient supplement. However, this is best discussed with the doctor.
Exercise and sport help the immune system:
Studies have shown that even moderate physical activity has a positive effect on the immune system. Regular exercise such as jogging, cycling or swimming strengthens both the cardiovascular system and the immune system. As the organism is weakened and more susceptible to infections immediately after a strenuous exercise, you should not overdo it.
Relaxation for a good defense:
Acute stress and long-term stress change the work of the immune system. Acute stress strengthens the unspecific defense, while the specific defense is temporarily weakened. Constant stress has a negative effect on both forms of defense.
Stress challenges the immune system so that the adrenal gland produces the stress hormones noradrenaline, adrenaline and cortisol. Although unspecific areas of the immune system are immediately stimulated, the specific defense is lowered. Prolonged stress leads to the fact that the unspecific immune defense is also reduced. Therefore, you should avoid too much stress and also practice relaxation methods that provide more balance. Regular exercise units with yoga, qigong, progressive muscle relaxation according to Jacobson (PMR) or autogenic training have been proven to ensure greater well-being and support the work of the immune system.
Strengthen the immune system - Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM):
According to TCM, when all internal organs work together in harmony and the five elements are in harmony, the immune system is strong. In the teaching of Traditional Chinese Medicine, it is assumed that the body is protected from harmful external influences when the Qi, the life energy, flows evenly in the body. If this flow is disturbed, the immune system is weakened. There are only minor disturbances of well-being, which over time can lead to more severe complaints and illnesses. In order to strengthen a weakened immune defense again, one relies on different measures in TCM:
- Sport and exercise: Increased breathing supplies the body with more oxygen and this is particularly beneficial for the lungs. The so-called Lung Qi is thus strengthened and can now easily circulate in the meridians.
- Kneipp therapy: alternating hot and cold showers. This promotes blood circulation and stimulates the Lung Qi that is circulating in the skin.
- Eat a balanced diet: It is best to choose vegetables that are appropriate for the respective season. This goes well with polenta, rice and millet, but also soups and fish.
- Drink enough: Warm tea, also with honey, strengthens the lungs and the immune system. Likewise hot water, for example diluted with pear juice or pure, is good for the immune system according to TCM.
- Chinese herbs: They help to rebalance the inner imbalance. If the immune system is burdened by too much stress, the so-called liver component, according to TCM the element wood, becomes too fiery and disturbs the lungs. This has a negative effect on the immune system. In such a case, the doctor will prescribe liver herbs in addition to lung-strengthening herbs. The respective dosage depends on the age of the patient, on the season and the severity of the immunodeficiency.
- Acupuncture: Using acupuncture, the immune system can be stimulated in such a way that the Qi in the meridians flows again in the correct form.
- Refrain from alcohol consumption or consume it in moderation.
Homeopathy to strengthen the immune system
Homeopathy can be particularly helpful in the immune modulation of infections caused by viruses. If homeopathic medicines are given at the first signs of an infection, the severity and duration of the illness can be reduced. In the long term, infections are less common. Treatment with homeopathic active ingredients has also proven itself in patients who repeatedly suffer from infections and inflammations. The intestinal-associated immune system is of particular importance. This is why homeopathy often recommends medicines that are related to the intestines. If you are very susceptible to infection, the following remedies are recommended (selection):
- Calcium carbonicum
Schüßler salts to strengthen the immune system
Homeopathic Schüßler salts are also often used to strengthen a weakened immune system. The treatment is based on the knowledge of the homeopathic doctor Wilhelm Heinrich Schüßler (1821-1898) that a disruption of the mineral balance in the body can be the cause of many diseases. If these minerals are prepared homeopathically, they can work even better, according to Schüßler. A course of several weeks with Schüßler salts can therefore also strengthen the immune system. Three to four salts that are taken for four weeks are recommended for a cure. After a break, the procedure should be repeated one or two more times. These Schüßler salts are recommended for an immune cure:
- No. 3 Ferrum phoshoricum D12
- No. 7 Magnesium phosphoricum D6
- No. 6 Kalium sulfuricum D6
In the morning, four tablets of number 3 are allowed to dissolve under the tongue. Four tablets of number 7 in the afternoon and four tablets of number 6 in the evening. Alternatively, you can dissolve the twelve tablets in 0.7 liters of still water in the morning, shake them well and drink them throughout the day. Shake again before each use.
Meditation to activate the self-healing powers
Numerous examples show that meditation can have positive effects on physical complaints such as high blood pressure or chronic pain. Now there are also initial studies on the effects of mindfulness meditation on measurable parameters of the immune system (inflammatory proteins, cellular transcription processes and gene expression, immunoreactive cell counts, cell aging and antibody reactions). According to the cautious assessment of the scientists, it can be read from previous studies that mindfulness meditation can positively influence individual immune parameters such as inflammation, the cell-mediated immune response and enzyme activity with regard to cell aging. However, the immunomodulatory potential of meditative procedures still needs further investigation. pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26799456/
Fasting: therapeutic fasting and intermittent fasting to strengthen the immune system
Fasting plays an important role in naturopathy because it normalizes risk factors such as increased blood pressure and high cholesterol, uric acid and blood lipid levels. Doctors recommend fasting more often as a therapeutic measure for numerous diseases, for example metabolic and chronic inflammatory diseases, diseases of the digestive system, cardiovascular diseases and chronic pain syndromes. Therapeutic fasting can also have a positive effect in the treatment and prevention of diseases caused by malfunctioning of the immune system. These include autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, type 1 diabetes, ulcerative colitis and lupus erythematosus. Fasting makes a significant contribution to improving immune functions and inflammatory activities. However, it is recommended to fast under medical supervision.
When fasting, the metabolism changes, switches to economy mode and falls back on its energy stores. These are glycogen, fat, and protein. At first, the stored sugar (as glycogen in the liver) is broken down, then proteins follow, and the body does not begin to digest fat until after about four days.
Before fasting you should definitely consult your doctor, because therapeutic fasting is not beneficial for everyone and every illness. Fasting must not be carried out during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. Anyone suffering from severe cardiovascular diseases and depression should only fast under expert supervision.
In contrast to therapeutic fasting, intermittent fasting is a method that can be integrated particularly well into everyday life and is therefore carried out as a permanent diet. The approach, also known as “intermittent fasting”, offers a range of options: With 16: 8 fasting, food may be consumed for eight hours a day, but not for the remaining 16 hours. Another variant, the five-to-two model, allows you to eat normally five days a week and fasting on two days. On the two freely selectable days, you consume a maximum of a quarter of the calories you actually need. - Studies have shown that intermittent fasting can protect against type 2 diabetes and support cancer therapies.
Strengthen the immune system during pregnancy
During pregnancy, the immune system is subject to changes. This can make the pregnant woman more susceptible to infections than usual. Experts assume that many premature births are at least partially due to some type of infection. There is also evidence that prenatal infections, viral or bacterial, increase the likelihood that a child will later develop allergies or even serious illnesses. Therefore, it is important for expectant mothers to maintain a healthy immune system. Among other things, the following is recommended:
- Sufficient sleep: at least seven to eight hours a night. And otherwise, if necessary, in between.
- Exercise and exercise in moderation: We recommend around two to three hours of moderate exercise or aerobic exercise per week. The load should be kept low.
- Eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables: the more varied the diet, the better. The need for essential vitamins, such as vitamin C, and trace elements should be covered.
- Reduce or avoid stress: Regular practice of relaxation techniques has a positive effect on the immune system.
Strengthen the immune system in children and young children
A toddler gets up to twelve infections per year on average. In years with low infection rates, the number of diseases caused by viruses and bacteria drops to around five to six. Each of these infections trains and strengthens the immune system. Children who have had at least two virus infections by the end of their first year of life suffer from asthma only half as often later - compared to children with fewer infections during this time. In order to build up the child's immune system, practice is required and that means that infections literally train the immune system. This is also how you can strengthen the child's immune system:
- No excessive hygiene: the child's immune system can only develop when children come into contact with viruses and bacteria.
- Getting enough sleep: This is important because the number of immune cells increases during sleep.
- Exercise in the fresh air: When exercising outdoors, even if it is cold or raining outside, the immune system gets used to the change between cold and warm. In this way the immune system is trained and new defense cells are formed.
- Offer fresh fruit and vegetables: A varied diet ensures the supply of important vitamins, such as vitamin C, and trace elements that are relevant for a strong immune system.
FAQ on: Strengthening the immune system
How can you strengthen your immune system despite immunosuppression?
As far as possible, one should try to exercise regularly and sufficiently. Daily walking or half an hour of exercise, such as swimming or cycling. In this way you get fitter and better protect yourself against an infection. It is also important to have a balanced diet with fresh fruit and vegetables, fish, pulses and whole grains. Deficiencies are to be avoided. Those affected should ensure that they get enough sleep, as the immune system recovers best at night. Since stress weakens the immune system in the long run, it is advisable to ensure regular relaxation phases. Methods such as meditation, yoga or autogenic training help.
How can you support the immune system after taking antibiotics?
Antibiotics fight infections caused by bacteria. However, they do not differentiate between “good” and “harmful” bacteria in the body. They therefore also destroy many of the beneficial intestinal bacteria, which has a negative effect on the intestinal flora and the immune system. Doctors often recommend a so-called probiotic to accompany the intake of antibiotics to support the rebuilding of the intestinal flora. But a targeted selection of intestinal flora-friendly foods is also an effective strategy. Probiotic foods, i.e. living microorganisms for the intestines, are recommended. These are, for example, lactic acid fermented products such as sauerkraut or sauerkraut juice, kefir, buttermilk, yoghurt or quark. In addition, one should eat prebiotic food. These include cereal flakes, whole grain bread, fruit and nuts, vegetables and seeds. On the other hand, products made from white flour and sweets should be avoided.
How can the immune system be strengthened after the flu?
In order to avoid catching the next infection after the flu, it is important to strengthen the immune system. Among other things, it makes sense to have an adequate supply of vitamins D and C. In order to be able to produce vitamin D, the body needs sunlight. Therefore, exercise outdoors is advisable. Foods high in vitamin C include citrus fruits, peppers, sauerkraut and rose hips. Home remedies such as drinking sage, chamomile, lemon balm or rose hip tea are also beneficial. After the flu, you should also make sure to take up physical activity slowly, avoid stress and get enough sleep.
What helps to strengthen the immune system after chemotherapy?
Chemotherapy puts a lot of strain on the immune system. Patients should definitely follow the doctor's recommendations for immune regeneration. It is advisable for those affected to keep moving despite treatment-related exhaustion. Walks or moderate exercise help the immune system and are also good for the soul. Avoid overloading. Basically, a balanced and varied diet with lots of fresh vegetables and fruits also supports the immune system. Good sources of vitamin C are, for example, citrus fruits, but also sauerkraut and paprika. You should avoid or reduce the consumption of red meat, sugar and salt. Both the psyche and the body's own defense system benefit from regular relaxation exercises.
How do you strengthen your immune system during the corona pandemic?
A healthy lifestyle and a varied and wholesome diet strengthen the immune system. The German Nutrition Society (DGE) advises against taking food supplements without reflection. Because especially when these are in high doses, they can lead to undesirable side effects. - It is known, however, that a lack of immune-effective nutrients results in an increased susceptibility to infection and a poorer prognosis in the event of illness. Even in the current situation of the corona pandemic, doctors have found that malnutrition leads to severe courses of Covid-19. - As before, measures such as adequate hand hygiene, compliance with minimum distances and wearing mouth and nose protection are the best prophylaxis in many situations.
- Herold, Gerd: Internal Medicine, Gerd Herold, edition 2019
- Janeway, Charles: Immunology, Spectrum Academic Publishers, 5th edition 2002
- Schütt, Bröker: Basic knowledge of immunology, Springer Verlag, 3rd edition 2011
- Pape, H.-C .; Kurtz, A .; Silbernagel, Stefan: Physiologie, Thieme Verlag, 6th edition 2009
- Stuttgarter Nachrichten "Defenses: Strengthening the Immune System": www.stuttgarter-nachrichten.de (accessed on July 28, 2020)
- Group practice for traditional Chinese medicine "How do I strengthen my immune system?": Www.tcmed.at (accessed on July 29, 2020)
- HalloVita Verlag: www.hallo-homoeopathie.de (accessed on July 29, 2020)
- Dr. med. Nicola Winckler-Schumann, www.chinesische-medizin-koeln.de (accessed on July 29, 2020)
- Karl and Veronica Carstens Foundation “Meditating for a Strong Immune System”, www.carstens-stiftung.de (accessed on July 29, 2020)
- German pharmacist newspaper "Nutrition up to date: Two weeks of therapeutic fasting - a self-experiment", www.deutsche-apotheker-zeitung.de (accessed on July 30, 2020)
- Quarks "How good is fasting?", Www.quarks.de (accessed on 07/30/2020)
- The technicians "How stress influences our defenses.", Www.tk.de (accessed on July 30, 2020)
- Rheuma-Liga, "The immune system - an almost perfect defense.", Www.rheuma-liga.de (accessed on July 30, 2020)
- TAZ "Strengthening the immune system in times of corona - there are no miracle cures.", Www.taz.de (accessed on July 31, 2020)
All statements without guarantee.
- What Are Some Good Gluten Free Wines
- Why is energy wasted
- What gases were in the early earth's atmosphere?
- What do you need for two monitors
- Why do some devout Christians adopt internationally
- Can data collection be automated
- Can a pharmacist open a nursing home?
- What is the most successful song by The Associates
- Can a pharmacist open a nursing home?
- What if your molar tooth comes out
- Whatever happened to the band Styx
- Are diabetic drugs harmful to health?
- What is an inverse subnet mask
- Is anyone else convinced that aliens are real?
- What are the things that put you off
- What is Sola Token
- What is special about the Thai massage
- How much does an astronomer earn
- Succulents need a lot of maintenance
- Chocolate How are Maltese made
- TDS applies to software service fees
- Which packaging is 100 recyclable
- Can cryptococcosis be cured
- Fear damages the brain
- How do I use Gnuplot in C.
- Is Hillary Clinton's climate change plan realistic
- What is margin in CSS
- Is our media professional Modi
- What is the current economic market situation
- Nestle is an Israeli company
- What does Ecuador need
- How can you fix scratched DVD?