What is America's Zip Code
Find postcodes and addresses in the United States
The first evidence of paid mail delivery dates back to 1639, when Richard Fairbanks carried a letter to Massachusetts on behalf of the Boston government agency. As early as 1672, under British colonial administration, there was a regular one Postal service between New York and Boston. Even then, a one- or two-digit place stamp was used, the forerunner of today's postcode. Postage stamps were introduced in 1840 and the first postal organizations were established in 1961.
The modern one Postal code system was introduced on July 1, 1963. At that time it was a five-digit code, which was expanded by four digits in 1983. In the USA the postal code is called ZIP code, which stands for Zone Improvement Plan and is operated by the United States Postal Service, United States Postel Service.
In North America, the postcode is after the place name. There are around 30,000 post offices in the United States, each with its own code of conduct. The postcodes start on the east coast and increase the further west you go. For example, Agawam in Massachusetts has the lowest number 01001 and Kechikan in Alaska has the highest zip code with 99950. To make sorting easier, each code has four additional numbers.
The American ZIP code consists of one nine-digit code. The first three digits describe the routing zone or the processing and delivery center, the next two digits define the postal service or the delivery section. The following two numbers stand for the sector and the last two numbers are for the segment.
There is a hyphen between the fifth and sixth digits. Since the four-digit addition met with a lot of resistance, it is no longer required today. If spelled correctly, the line starts with the city and followed by the state. Then there are two spaces before the zip code is written. Such as:
Springfield VA 22162-1010
Major US ZIP codes
Need that New York Postal Code? In Manhattan the ZIP codes are between 10001 and 10282, in Brooklyn between 11201 and 11262, in Queens between 11001 and 11697, in Bronx between 10451 and 10475 and on Staten Island between 10301 and 10314. The zip code of los Angeles are the following: 90001 to 90068, 90070 to 90084, 90086 to 90089, 90091, 90093 to 90097, 90099, 90101 to 90103, 90174, 90185 and 90189. San Francisco has the postcodes 94101 to 94112, 94114 to 94147, 94150 to 94170, 94172, 94175 and 94177. In Boston are the ZIP between 02101 and 02117 and in Seattle between 98101 and 98199.
Send package to USA
Would you like to send a package to the United States of America? Then you will not only find the right postcode here, but also your tailor-made parcel service. With europacco.com you can send parcels and pallets cheaply to the USA - easily, quickly and reliably. More information is available at www.europacco.com.
- What languages are needed for ethical hacking
- What is the national flower of Poland
- Do you like Superman's costume
- Why did people start hunting
- When does G8 Play
- Will MLS ever overtake the NFL in popularity?
- How does Will Smith look so young
- How can a weather app retain users
- Is the BITS BPharmacy tough
- Are Aboriginal people respected in Canada
- In which year will BTS dissolve?
- Which logo is in this picture
- Are all energy signals also power signals
- Why is boiled water so hot
- Is there pressure in space
- What is Mahayana and Hinayana
- What is the favorite language in the IT industry
- How many forms is Lord Shiva
- How to say legal in Vietnamese
- How does the grocery store work
- What does social mean
- How can I draw a cartoon car
- Why should one have good communication skills
- How do you mine granite