Is Go better than C1
programming language: Go 1.10 caches better and builds bridges to C
Version 1.10 of the Go programming language initiated by Google has been released. The cache for the generated packets is now in the command go build built in, but also in go test. Go separates this generated cache from that for installed packages. The advantage of this becomes apparent in build processes: They run much faster if you don't have to install new packages or when switching between different source code copies, for example in development branches. The quick build option -i the new cache also makes it superfluous. The command go test however, runs the previous test again and indicates that the results are from the cache. The option -count = 1 ignores the cache.
- PCV Systemhaus GmbH & Co. KG, Grevenbroich
- HA Hessen Agentur GmbH, Wiesbaden
The command detects obsolete packages go build also automatically in the new version. To do this, the tool checks the contents of the source files, the build flags and the metadata in the compiled packages. The modification time, on the other hand, no longer plays a role, builds now automatically know when a package has to be rebuilt.
The options -asmflags, -gcflags, -gccgoflags and -ldflags for the command go build now only affect the packages specified in the command line and no longer also affect the packages that are dependent on them. In order to meet packages according to a certain pattern, a new form must be chosen: -asmflags = pattern = flags. This also works in the same way with the other flags mentioned. Reveals more details go help build. By the way, it is similar with go install, which now only installs the packages and commands explicitly mentioned on the command line.
Smarter environment variables
In Go 1.10 a new environment variable can be added, $ GOTMPDIR, to create temporary files in a folder other than the system's temporary directory. Ain't no $ GOROOTVariable is set, the tool first tries to find the $ GOROOT- Track down path by yourself. This allows binary distributions to be unpacked anywhere in the file system, even without first $ GOROOT to put.
- Introduction to programming with Rust
21.-24. September 2021, online
- Advanced Python - Advanced programming topics
17./18. June 2021, online
Anyone who writes C code can now use the C preamble _GoString_ access string values in his Go program. _GoStringLen and _GoStringPtr allow direct access to the contents of the string. A _GoString_Value can also be passed on to a Go function that accepts strings. The release notice reveals more details about Cgo and the other changes to the new version.
- What does Digital Sales Enablement Professional do
- Was Yasser Arafat a good person
- Who founded the Khilji dynasty?
- What is the language of Niue
- Why do bacteria become immune to antibiotics
- The IRS isn't technically illegal
- Do girls ever admit when they are cheating
- How important are religious relics
- What is the Hebrew word for bush fire?
- When did tattoos become the mainstream?
- Do East Indian surnames have meanings
- Why is Recep Tayyip Erdogan internationalizing Kashmir
- What is ICAR
- Gravitational waves overlap
- How do I get my registration number
- Did Buddhist miracles happen?
- Is Honeygain legitimate
- Includes applied science and actuarial science
- Were there any wars that were waged rationally?
- Is Skrill Safe to Use in India?
- What is transformer breathing
- At what temperature do liquids freeze
- Is Mount Everest a suitable tourist destination
- Prince of Dubai has an account
- Why are backlinks important in SEO
- Should a piano be tuned after moving
- What does smart investing mean
- Are all Daedra angry
- Why am I so lazy and depressed
- How do I understand a man's intention
- Which phones are 5G
- Why should I get a diploma
- What are the consequences of a change of religion
- What is a tuning fork