Leave your dog outside of animal cruelty
You have observed animal cruelty and have already spoken to the pet owner several times about his irresponsible behavior, but all of your efforts are not fruitful?
Who can help now?
Unfortunately it is an indestructible rumor that animal welfare organizations can do more for abused animals than the people on whose doorstep the tragedies take place. Civil courage and initiative are required. Because cruelty to animals is only an offense according to the law, but it must be reported just as if one had seen bodily harm or the murder of a person. Anyone who turns a blind eye to animal cruelty is complicit.
The bad news is that animal welfare associations are only made up of ordinary people who usually have no police skills. An animal welfare association can perhaps advise you on what is allowed or forbidden and also give you the addresses of the authorities responsible for you, but the only one who can really stop the cruelty to animals is yourself by taking action. Because while you can perhaps look directly into the garden of the animal abuser, the members of your local animal welfare association may not even live in your residential area.
Indeed, animal welfare organizations often have bad experiences. Denouncing neighbors who keep animals is a popular form of bullying, so even anonymous reports have little chance of success
How should clubs manage to distinguish justified from unfounded advertisements? If you followed all of the “tips”, there would be no time left to help animals at all. But if you are not sure whether there is actually an offense against the animal protection law, then the local animal protection association will at least be happy to advise you on what is punishable and what is not. Otherwise, the responsible veterinary office is usually part of the district office or the official veterinarian is responsible for violations of the animal welfare law and can also instruct you accordingly.
You now know you are alone at first and that is again good news. >> Because if you want something to be done to your satisfaction, do it yourself! << That is an old thing.
What should I do?
1. Identifying the owner
Try to find out who the animals belong to and get in touch with the owner or neighbors. Perhaps grievances can be remedied in a good conversation. Try to achieve conscience - after all, you want to help animals first and foremost - not harm people. Perhaps the pet owners are overwhelmed and need help?
2. Save evidence
What is important? - Courts need facts.
A mistake often made by animal lovers is that they first save the animal from its plight by stealing, if necessary, without taking pictures of the location of the animal cruelty and the animal on site.
- Always secure evidence first. Document through pictures or films. Important: Never give evidence out of your hand without a copy; reproduce written documents and photos! Because in cases of animal cruelty, facts are often quickly covered up or denied
- Bring a witness (who is as independent as possible) who will support you with an affidavit of what happened if necessary. The more witnesses report to the veterinary office, the better.
- Make a note of the exact time, possibly car numbers, names and addresses. Better to have too much information than too little.
- If the animal needs help immediately, it should also be handed over to a veterinarian as soon as possible, who on the one hand will be an important witness and on the other hand can also take over the initial care of the animal if necessary.
Do you have any evidence?
Do you have witnesses?
You have the power!
You can report clear animal cruelty directly to the police or the public prosecutor's office. Through your testimony and that of the witnesses you have brought with you, the secured evidence (photos, documentation, etc.), you are the greatest help for the animals. Don't give up. If you are ready to report animal cruelty, then you will get support from the local animal welfare associations or animal welfare organizations. If they or the authorities remain inactive, turn on the press. Don't be discouraged: constant dripping wears away the stone.
.Please note for wild animals:
Wild animals only need human help in rare exceptional cases. This is especially true for birds in severe winter or for underdeveloped young hedgehogs.
Cruelty to animals - what is the legal basis?
According to § 2 of the Animal Welfare Act:
- How should I pay my GST
- How to do NunChai
- Some things are more important than history
- Basically, laziness is an escape from success
- How should you deal with evasive police
- What is an offline server
- What happened to the people in Virginia
- What is hip hop
- Do you own a small house
- Have you invested in real estate?
- Is BTS still together
- Which star types live the longest
- Can you touch the royal family
- How fast does time go by
- What can people do for street dogs
- How do you get into character
- What are famous surrealist works of art
- Which Doors song rocks the hardest
- Why are there counties
- What do INTPs think of INFJs
- Is a credit card generator illegal
- What is cross-linked polyethylene used for?
- How much does website design cost in Fiverr
- What are the best tracks in the EDM category