What do all eyes mean in this sentence
Idiom: be a thorn in someone's side
Jakob and his father are currently taking a nice Sunday walk. When they pass the sports field, they can hear loud screaming from afar. Three boys are fighting violently. "What's going on there?" Asks Jacob's father. You take a few steps closer to see what's going on. "Oh, these are the chaos from my parallel class," says Jakob, annoyed, to his father. "Aha. Tell me, isn't that one Leon who teased you once in the schoolyard?" "Yes, exactly, that's him.", Jakob replies in a low voice and lowers his head in shame. His father seems to be angry: "This Leon has always been a thorn in my side!" Jacob is confused: "Dad, what does that mean with the thorn in the side?"
This idiom refers to someone being a nuisance to another and pissing them off. The saying comes originally from the Bible. In the Old Testament of the Bible (Numbers, chapter 33, verse 55), God told Moses and his people that they should go out of Egypt and go to Canaan. He orders them to evict the residents there. If they do not do this, he threatens them: "If you do not drive out the inhabitants before your face, those you leave behind will become thorns in your eyes (...)". This roughly means that Moses and his people should not get involved with the inhabitants of Canaan. If you don't drive them all away, the rest will cause them trouble - like thorns in their eyes.
- What is the age of the moon
- What is the future of passenger transportation
- What is Steve Allen famous for?
- Which languages are the oldest
- Nuts can give me diarrhea
- How can hirsutism be cured
- What is content and article writing
- What do most judges have in common?
- Some girl out there has hirsutism
- What are some philosophical arguments against Islam
- What is human behavior school
- Why is Satan against people
- What is the best English dictionary app
- Why did so many event apps fail
- Is it true that mermaids are spiritual
- An appeal can be lodged against a decision of an appeals court
- What is the Russian word for competition?
- He said good night honey, it's normal
- Does AMP have a role in search engine optimization
- Who was Napoleon's best general?
- Which testicle produces the sperm
- Can I do digital marketing according to BCA?
- Which is the second fastest car
- How does John Keats compare to Shakespeare
- Does Ne Yo play any instruments
- Where can I find decorative candles
- Why do people love Ed Sheeran
- What is the hardest AP course
- How can you access the VPN in China?
- Why did Bakayoko sign for Chelsea?
- What's next for blockchain
- What are desserts Australians known for
- What are retroperitoneal organs
- What are the myths about Turkey