Is mint syrup weird
Intensive peppermint syrup to refine drinks and desserts - recipe
Recipe for a flavorful peppermint syrup
This peppermint syrup has a very intense taste and is wonderfully suitable for drinks and dessert refinement. There are very different types of peppermint. Some of them are very intense, others rather mild in taste.
I puree the peppermint in this recipe so that the aroma becomes more intense. I can always dilute or soften it later with water or other drinks. I was talking about the basic substance - pure peppermint syrup.
Especially in summer I have a lot of peppermint and no longer know what to do with peppermint. I can't just drink mint tea for weeks. So I came up with the idea to preserve the taste of peppermint in syrup and have a delicious peppermint syrup available even in winter.
A little dash of syrup in the tea glass can also remind me of summer in winter 🙂. Pureeing preserves the maximum taste of the mint, for which I gladly accept fine suspended particles. If you don't like this, you can just cut the peppermint into small pieces and then strain it from the peppermint syrup. A juicer is also suitable for extracting peppermint juice.
However, I don't like this taste when juicing the peppermint directly. I think the peppermint or later the peppermint syrup tastes more like tea. But as with so many things in life, tastes are different.
- Boil the syrup bottles and fill them with hot water and set them aside. Put all filling utensils in one place within easy reach.
- Remove the stem from the peppermint leaves, clean them and cut into strips.
- Now you have to decide whether you want to accept fine suspended particles of peppermint in the syrup or not. If not, skip the puree. But pureeing makes the syrup much more intense.
- If you want to puree: Finely puree the peppermint leaves in a suitable container with 100 ml of water and 250 g of sugar.
- Let the peppermint boil with the remaining sugar (1450 g) and 750 ml water for about 5 minutes. (Be careful not to cook as long as with a jelly).
- Then add the lemon juice and let it boil for a short time. Spread the peppermint syrup through a fine sieve or let it cool down a little and press through a linen cloth. When using the linen cloth method, I heat the peppermint syrup again after pressing it through before I pour it into the bottles. So I have fewer problems with durability. Many also use coffee filters for straining. But this method takes too long for me 😉
- For larger quantities that are not drunk immediately, I also add preserving aid. This definitely prevents mold from forming.
- If foam has formed in the peppermint syrup, skim it off and pour the syrup into the syrup bottles while hot. Briefly, if possible, turn it upside down and wrap something with cloths to kill every germ. In the case of screw caps, it may be that they have to be tightened again when they cool down.
- I wish you a lot of fun while enjoying 🙂 Your Bärbel von Backrezepte-Blog.de
More recipes and recommendations
- What is goodwill in accounting
- Should they make a film about Tchaikovsky
- How do Hyundai cars compare to Toyota
- How should we read Oscar Wilde
- Why is Tommy Robinson not given police protection
- Why hasn't evolution corrected eye defects?
- How can I start learning web technologies
- How can you fix scratched DVD?
- Why can't I commit to anyone
- Can humans breathe liquid oxygen?
- Who is America's Funniest Presidential Candidate
- What's wrong with my SQL statement
- How do Americans pronounce Hermes
- Anxiety can affect your speech
- How dangerous it is to ride a bike in India
- Includes applied science and actuarial science
- What apps should each operating system have
- The target market commands your branding
- Play Framework is the Django of Java
- Why are there no skyscrapers in Silicon Valley?
- What is the best programming program
- What is distribution shock
- Why do we feel emotionally through rain
- Can BB guns kill mice
- What is instrumentation in physics
- What is meant by loosu in Tamil
- What bad things did you learn today
- What is the future of Bhel
- Who is the best andrologist in Pune
- What does the certified sommelier examination look like
- Are you from Hindustan University
- Why minimize underground pipelines
- What is a private domain name registration
- What is a mismatched amplifier