How to freeze chocolate chips
How to Freeze Cookie Dough
Welcome to a new article with baking tips! In the “Tips for baking” section, both beginners and advanced learners can find out how, why and what baking is. Hopefully you have learned a lot from my previous posts:
Today we're delving deep into the cookie world where I'll teach you exactly how to freeze cookie dough. Doesn't sound revolutionary, but you won't believe the confusion and mistakes that can be made while freezing cookie dough. And since the holidays are just around the corner, I know you want to prepare Christmas cookies ahead of time. Let's begin!
Why Freeze Cookie Dough?
I know you got into a situation where you needed freshly baked cookies.
- Cousin has a baby?
- Kids want a special after school snack?
- Are new neighbors moving in?
- Homemade teacher gift?
- Organize a spontaneous girls' night?
There is ALWAYS a welcome opportunity for homemade cookies and now they can always be made with cookie dough in the freezer. Just take it out of the freezer and bake.
I freeze them the whole time Cookie dough a . When I'm in a pinch or when I need dessert on the spur of the moment, I open the freezer and have cookie dough ready to put in the oven. You will find it hard to believe how much headache I am saved when I have it on hand. 10 minutes later I have freshly baked cookies.
How to Freeze Cookie Dough
Freezing cookie dough is easy. I'm sure everyone has their own way, but here is the easiest and most convenient one.
- After the homemade cookie dough has cooled in the refrigerator (in case the cookie recipe calls for it), roll the cookie dough into balls.
- Chill cookie dough balls in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place the firm and cold cookie dough balls in a zippered pouch - large or small, depending on how much batter you have.
- Label the bag with the month and baking temperature and place the bag in the freezer.
- Cookie dough up to Freeze for 3 months . The date can help you tell when the cookie dough is fresh and the temperature is for obvious reasons. Really, you can write whatever is helpful to you. Date, temperature, time, recipe name, etc.
- When it's time to bake the cookies, take them out of the freezer. Preheat the oven according to the recipe.
- Bake the cookies a minute or two longer as the batter will be frozen.
Forgive the date, I took this photo in 2015 when I originally published this blog post. 🙂
Which cookie dough is best to freeze?
- Any cookie dough with lots of butter or fat.
- Drop cookies are best. What I mean are cookies like chocolate chip cookies, oat cookies, peanut butter cookies, etc.
- Shortbread also freezes wonderfully.
- Icebox cookie dough is great. (I'm referring to biscuit cutting and baking.) Just wrap the stems tightly in plastic wrap and then in freezer bags. Freeze for up to 3 months, then let thaw in the refrigerator for an hour or two before slicing.
- Tender doughs hold in the freezer not good - Avoid freezing French Macaron, Pizzelle or Madeleine cookie dough.
Freezing cookie cutter batter
Cookie cutter cookies, like sugar or gingerbread cookies, also freeze well, although the process is a little different from the above. Tightly wrap the cookie dough in plastic wrap and freeze it. Thaw in the fridge overnight, roll out, cut into shapes and bake according to the recipe's instructions.
Freezing cookie dough rolled in cinnamon or sugar
For cookies rolled into cinnamon or sugar, such as snickerdoodles or peanut butter blossoms, the cookie dough ballswithout covering freeze. When you're done baking, take the balls out of the freezer, let them sit for 30 minutes, preheat the oven, then roll them over. You don't have to bake a minute or two longer as the cookies will be a little thawed.
Freezing Cookie Cake or Cookie Bar Dough
You can freeze cookie cake batter. Making a funfetti biscuit cake, chocolate chip cake, chocolate chip cookie bar, or even a chocolate chip cookie out of the pan allows you to freeze the prepared cookie dough. Just prepare the cookie dough according to the recipe's directions. Then chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Then wrap the cold dough tightly in plastic wrap. Place the wrapped ball of dough in a zippered bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Press the dough into the prepared cake pan and bake according to the recipe's instructions.
Freeze baked cookies
Instead of freezing cookie dough, you can also freeze baked biscuits such as biscotti, oat biscuits, chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, and cookie cutter cookies (before decorating).
After your baked cookies are completely cool:
- Place them on a baking sheet and freeze them until they set (that way they won't stick together in the freezer).
- Then place in a Tupperware or container with parchment between each layer. Or in zippered pockets.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Then take the biscuits out of the containers and thaw them overnight in the refrigerator or simply on the counter.
You can also freeze baked cookies like blondies or brownies. I usually wait for the tray to cool completely, then cut into squares and freeze the squares in layers between parchment and Tupperware.
Prepare for the busy holiday season NOW. Or just save this post for future reference if you need to prepare goodies beforehand. I hope all of this helps. Here are all of my cookie recipes. I usually write down the freezing instructions on each recipe as well. So make sure you check!
Cookie Dough and Cookies Pictured in this post: Cake Dough Chocolate Chip Cookies, THE Chocolate Chip Cookie, Cinnamon Pumpkin Cookies, Soft & Thick Snickerdoodles, Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Inside Out Chocolate Chip Cookies (but with Chocolate Chip Cookies, no White Chocolate Chip Cookies!), And Rainbow Chocolate Chip Cookies out Sally’s Baking Addiction Cookbook.
- What are gravel plants
- What is the importance of DBMS
- How hot people like rain
- What are density units
- How treaties end wars
- How can you escape a psyche station
- What can we do with digital marketing
- Is Ethereum Better Than Z Cash
- What is a network switch
- What is the earth's atmosphere
- How secure is ProtonMail today
- What is a radial tire
- How good was Rabindranath Tagore in English
- Should I dye my hair?
- What makes a country an emerging market
- Whether Hitler is bigger than Gandhi, why no_redirect = 1
- Are FaceApp's privacy concerns exaggerated or legitimate?
- What is a core job
- Is there a communist party in Poland?
- How are dog training collars inhuman?
- Which unanswerable question bothers you the most
- Cnidarians have radial symmetry
- What human skills does machine learning improve
- How can Alex Jones live with himself