How to manage Snapchat metrics easily
The top 3 social media metrics for the largest social media channels
Social media metrics contain all the data and statistics that provide insights into the level of performance of your marketing strategy. Some metrics can only be used for certain platforms, others can be used universally on several different social media platforms.
Now the following question arises: How can you filter out the metrics that are relevant to you from the multitude of metrics?
In the following article we will discuss the most comprehensive metrics in detail and address the following top 5 social media platforms:
We have created a table that contains the most extensive metrics and gives you a quick overview. Read on to find out WHY we have chosen exactly these metrics and HOW these metrics can improve and round off your strategy.
The top 3 social media metrics for Facebook
There are an overwhelming number of different metrics available to you on Facebook. One thing is certain, however: what can be measured can also be influenced. Since Facebook Insights terminology is quite difficult to gauge, you can measure the level of performance of your Facebook Page using the following metrics instead:
1. The absolute number of your page likes - This means the number of all "likes" on your Facebook business page over a period of 28 days. You can measure and monitor this number with Facebook Insights and use the knowledge gained to:
- Assess new likes, unlikes, organic likes, and paid likes
- Analyze peak values and monitor the progress of advertising campaigns
- Compare the number of organic likes with the number of paid likes
2. Mail reach (organic and paid mail reach) - Organic reach on Facebook not only describes the number of people who see your post directly in their news feed, but also all people who see the post via comments, likes and shares from friends.
3. Interaction rate - This metric shows you how many people have directly interacted with your post. The interaction rate denotes likes, shares and comments, but also image likes, comment likes, link clicks, video views and image views.
Experts would say engagement is a fundamental part of measuring successful Facebook posts. To be able to compare the success of different postings with each other, you can use the following formula:
Interaction rate of users: range x 100 = comparable percentage
The top 3 social media metrics for Instagram
In contrast to Facebook, which provides very detailed insights and metrics with Facebook Insights, Instagram is not designed as marketing-friendly. In order to implement a successful social media strategy, the performance must be constantly monitored. The most important metrics for Instagram are:
1. Follower Growth Rate - The number of your followers on Instagram does not directly affect your business. An important metric is the organic follower growth rate. The number of followers can be clearly seen in the “Followers” field above your bio on your account. So you have to learn to understand what that number can tell you about your community's growth rate.
To make things a little easier and monitor your follower growth rate over a period of time, you can open up an Excel spreadsheet. Now create columns and rows to monitor your number of followers on a monthly basis. With this simple tactic, you can see if your audience is growing or if it's not growing.
You can calculate the number of your new followers by subtracting the number of followers of the previous month from the number of followers of the current month. (February - January = number of new followers)
Use this formula to calculate the follower growth rate:
The follower growth rate shows how quickly your Instagram community is growing. It also shows in which months the performance was best / worst. You can use the growth rate to set key performance indicators and anticipate the number of new followers.
2. Interaction rate - this metric measures likes and comments. On Instagram, your followers should interact with your postings so that your postings also appear among the most popular posts on the "search & explore" page.
This type of interaction should be compared to your followers and can be calculated as follows:
3. Click rate (link to your website in your bio) - one of the biggest challenges on Instagram is that there is only the possibility to link a website in the bio. That means you can only use your bio to fix a link there. Instead of calculating the click-through rate from your business profile, consider using a trackable URL. This metric is significant as it aims to convert followers into customers.
The top 3 social media metrics for Twitter
There are a variety of social media metrics embedded in Twitter Analytics. To examine how your content is performing, there are three particularly important metrics:
1. Interaction rate - All clicks, retweets, favorites and responses to your tweets are divided by the number of impressions and multiplied by a hundred to get a percentage.
2. Link clicks - Number of clicks by your followers on your tweets.
3. Retweets - Number of times your tweets were retweeted by followers. The number of retweets is an excellent metric for measuring the effectiveness of your messages.
The top 3 social media metrics for YouTube
Social media metrics for YouTube go far beyond simply monitoring the number of views. YouTube has an excellent analysis tool built into the platform. There are three metrics to watch for:
1. Number of calls - keep an eye on the number of your calls and assess peak values with the interactive call diagram. Track monthly video views to see which videos were the most engaging for your followers.
2. Interactions - This metric shows you your total video likes, your dislikes, your favorite placements, your subscribers and your shares. You should pay particular attention to the shares. YouTube allows you to keep track of which other social media platforms your videos are performing best on. This will help you get a feel for your audience over time and know which platforms they spend most of their time on.
3. Audience loyalty - This metric tells you the exact time at which your viewers stopped watching your video (the so-called drop-off point). This allows you to find out which parts of the video were particularly engaging and which bored your audience.
The top 3 social media metrics for Snapchat
If you use Snapchat for your business, you should get the most out of the platform by improving your marketing by evaluating metrics. The top 3 you should definitely know are:
1. Average open rate - similar to the interaction rate of other social media platforms. The average opening rate on Snapchat corresponds to the ratio of expected followers and actually interacting followers.
2. Average number of screenshots - The screenshot metric is composed of the number of screenshots that followers take when they look at your story. The purpose of this metric is to let you know how often your Snap has been saved by followers. A screenshot is a sign that your post has generated a favor.
To use this metric as efficiently as possible and get people to take screenshots of your Snap, you need to create and publish high quality content. Here are some ideas: inspirational quotes, checklists, coupons, updates, etc.
3. Follower Growth Analysis - a key metric that will help you find out where your followers come from. Most brands get new followers through their username, as this metric allows you to find out where your followers found out about your account from, and simplifies the process of “getting found”.
For example, if your target audience includes users who use Snapcodes, you can create a Snapcode for your account and promote it.
By integrating social media monitoring into your social media marketing strategy, you get a continuous process to track, evaluate and react to user feedback!
The social media monitoring guide for beginners
Download our eBook and find easy-to-use advice on how to use social media monitoring to generate leads, provide better customer service, and gain a competitive advantage. The practical tips, tricks and guidelines will help you develop and implement the right social media monitoring strategy for your brand and your company.
Keeping an eye on your audience on social media will help you create your content. The top 3 metrics covered in this article can be understood as the universal metrics that you can assume in marketing. As soon as you are familiar with them, you can read yourself deeper into the matter and try to become familiar with further metrics, as this information is extremely helpful in tailoring your content perfectly to your audience and thereby driving up the interaction rates, which you in turn, you will always be one step ahead of your competition.
Plan and monitor your social media activities with Swat.io! In a free demo we will show you how you can optimize your marketing with our social media tool.
Translation: Robert Mang
- What is the future in food technology
- Is your wife hot
- How do I invest in uBeam
- Can we change our room in VIT
- How many countries are ruled by Germans
- Why is gold unique
- How can books improve your knowledge
- What do you dislike about France
- Are related to crabs and spiders
- 5 hours of energy is a placebo
- What is 1x x
- Should I give to the homeless
- What are some rare Spanish surnames
- Why is your math teacher the best
- Would you like to learn cryptocurrency mining
- Who was Anne Boleyn's mother
- January mid-April which countries which month
- Where was Lost filmed
- How is the study design defined
- What is your guitar studio getting ready
- Which word should be used before to
- How does your retirement preparation pay off?
- Where can I find new content
- How do INFPs debate