How can you break in a dog
From burglar alarms to watchdogs: 8 tips to deter burglars
Burglary rate in Germany: downward trend
1. Vigilant neighbor: The best protection against break-ins lives next door
Your helpful neighbors are a particularly effective - and also free - protection against burglars. So maintain a good relationship with the people in your neighborhood, for example by helping one another. Then the neighbors will not only be happy to take care of mail and flowers when you are away, but will also keep an eye on your house or apartment and, if in doubt, can prevent theft. For example, neighbors can quickly inform the police when they hear the sound of your alarm system.
You can even inform potential intruders about it and, if necessary, scare them off using a sticker with the label “Watchful Neighbor” - available from the police.
2. Burglary protection on the window: grille - but safely installed!
In addition to the burglary protection of doors, there are many ways to secure windows against burglary. A grille is ideal for basement windows or easily accessible windows on the lower floors. According to the police's recommendation, the bars should be at least 18 millimeters thick and no more than 12 centimeters apart. Alternatively, a grating can be used for burglary protection on the basement window.
In addition, the contact points of the bars should be welded and the grille should be solidly attached to the wall at more than four points so that burglars cannot simply dismantle the grille.
3. Window handles and screws: burglar-resistant helpers
Lockable window handles (also on patio doors) make it much more difficult for burglars to break into the house. In addition, the police recommend certified mushroom frame fittings or screw-on locks as protection against opening windows, in order to reduce the risk of a successful break-in. Burglar-resistant security films or burglar-resistant glazing can be used as additional additions.
4. Roller shutters as burglary protection: But only in motion
Lowered shutters can be a signal to potential intruders that nobody is home. But you can also use roller shutters to simulate your presence and avoid a break-in attempt. For example, you can operate electric roller shutters using a timer to prevent burglary.
Alternatively, you can ask your neighbors to move the shutters when you are away. Otherwise, roller shutters can also be secured against being pushed up with a certain anti-burglary protection. This can also be retrofitted to old roller shutter models.
5. Surveillance camera against burglars: deterrent measure
Surveillance cameras are a useful measure to deter burglars from the outset. However, you should also consider data protection in this context. Because not everything that is technically possible is legally permissible.
For example, you need to clearly point out your video surveillance. In order to avoid violations of the law due to ignorance, it is best to inquire in advance about the exact legal situation regarding video technology.
6. Warning of the dog: burglars "bark"
"Cave canem" was the motto in ancient Rome: watch out for the dog! The residents 'best friend is one of the burglars' worst enemies: growling or barking dogs deter many thieves.
A sign can also help keep thieves away. However, even the most reliable guard dogs are no guarantee that someone will not break into the house. Because even dogs can be distracted or sleep.
7. Smart Home increases security: “Smart home” as protection against break-ins
Smart home systems are a new technical option for protection against burglary. The valuables that are often stolen in the event of a break-in can therefore offer you useful protection against break-ins. Thanks to their help, many devices in the house can be controlled remotely using a smartphone, PC or tablet. With the functions of a smart home, if you have installed window sensors, you can be informed via your smartphone if a window is broken.
You can even program various processes to pretend that someone is at home: the smart home system can be used, for example, to switch lights and televisions on and off or to move electric shutters at certain times.
8. Motion detectors and light to protect against intruders
People usually stay where lights are on. It is therefore a sensible measure to leave the lights on in some rooms, even if you are not at home yourself. The illumination can also be arranged using a timer.
If you live in a house, it is a good idea to illuminate the property in some places or to install motion detectors. This makes it difficult to sneak around in the dark without being recognized. Lighting measures are also useful if you have a garden: a dark garden often invites intruders to gain access to your living space. A motion detector in the garden is therefore also a good protection against break-ins.
Receive offers for alarm systems now
- Feeling safe at home has never been easier!
- Free service
- Offers from service providers in your area
You can find more about our alarm system service here
- Why is autism not a mental illness
- What is a surgical amplifier 2
- How can the green lantern beat Superman
- Does the world need another angel fund
- How does atomic energy help humanity
- Poetry translates beyond culture and context
- How are you driven in life
- What's the most confusing movie
- Why are you going through these things
- Doing business with hospitality email lists is easy
- What does the Tenderloin district mean
- Can defeat Geralt 1,000,000 Necromorphs
- Why is kinetic energy never negative
- Is crawling Instagram pages legal
- What are the advantages of large telescopes
- What are some basic math proofs
- Is it difficult to build a guitar amplifier
- Is racism reasonable
- Is there any software for generating SEO leads
- How is the culture of Palestine
- Is punk really alive in 2018
- What games require more presence of mind
- How was Gal Gadot discovered
- What is the cosmology of Norse mythology
- What is the most overfunded weapon
- Are temporary employment agencies worth the time
- Is bauxite an iron ore
- Is the BITS BPharmacy tough
- Why is the wind faster at higher altitudes
- AAA is the best motor club
- Do thoughts influence our daily life
- Instead of getting PMP, what could I do?
- Which Bollywood actress has the best skin