Why the enthusiasm for hard cider
The Main-Äppel-Haus on the Lohrberg invites you to tap traditional cider. The new bottle has also attracted Offenbach's former mayor Gerhard Grandke, but he also takes him to Lohrberg because his apple harvest doesn't really work out.
At 6 p.m. on Saturday, the traditional cider tapping takes place in the Main-Äppel-Haus on the Lohrberg. A black Audi limousine roars up the Klingenweg 20 minutes earlier. The vehicle owner had the initials "OB" stamped on his license plate. But it cannot be the mayor of Frankfurt, who is always late, otherwise it would be 6:20 p.m.
Instead, it is Gerhard Grandke, who goes to the Lohrberg for a little fruit expertise. The former mayor of Offenbach and SPD politician is not just a beekeeper with a colony of around 200,000 bees. Grandke has also tried his hand at apple growing for a number of years, and because they don't really want to grow in his hometown, he has to climb up the sacred slopes of Frankfurt.
Gerhard Weinrich, head of the Main-Äppel-Haus, can for the first time in years refrain from threatening Frankfurt's politicians with the cider tapping that he will let the liquid manure run from the Lohrberg. Last year the city promised him the sewer pipe for which the landlord had fought for years.
Like a winemaker
This year Weinrich can therefore concentrate on how to advertise the new bottle in the words of a Rheingau winegrower. “In the mouth it is racy and complex with fine aromas of citrus, peach and apple. Its beautiful mineral note has a stimulating effect, ”says Weinrich and has to smile at his words himself.
But there are also hard facts on the table: Last year, 20,000 liters of juice were pressed on the Lohrberg and processed into cider, apple juice, schnapps, brandy, jam, apple wedges and jelly. There are now 15 hectares of orchards in the northeast of Frankfurt - an area the size of 45 soccer fields. Many of the tenants rely on the advice of the experts from the Main-Äppel-Haus.
Gerhard Grandke also praised this importance: “The Main-Äppel-Haus, as an information and meeting place on the subject of orchards and horticulture, makes important contributions to preserving the special local habitat of orchards or herb tours and bat excursions, according to the former Offenbach mayor - all of this shows impressively how much the Main-Äppel-Haus sees itself as an ecologically exemplary learning and teaching station.
Grandke also determined the importance of the bottle using an anecdote from the gray prehistory of Frankfurt: "When there was once drilling for water on the Lohrberg, you heard voices from Bornheim and Seckbach: What should we do with all that water, if it were at least Ebbelwei ..."
Learn from the neighbor
The former politician also showed enthusiasm for newer products from the Hessian cider culture. The love for the apple and the desire to experiment with it have led today's “apple growers” to legitimately use that title.
In Offenbach, of course, they are not that far along. Grandke's visit to the Main-Äppel-Haus is intended to usher in the high culture of the apple on the other side of the Main. As Grandke reports, the apple harvest there fails every year for different reasons: “Sometimes the trees don't bear enough apples, sometimes worms are involved. Another time the apples are stolen. It must have been from Frankfurt. ”But if so, the Offenbachers know that their delicious apples are at least in good hands with their unloved neighbors.
- Is the electronics and instruments area tough
- Do narcissists have compassion for other narcissists
- What are the benefits of Airbnb
- What is cross contamination in cleaning
- How would someone be an alien
- Can i recycle my pool water?
- What happened to Spork spoon forks
- Should I be concerned about cracks in the walls
- How many hours does a lizard sleep?
- What are good eating habits
- What is the difference between internet and intranet
- Is Sasuke Otsutsuki level
- How did we know or learn words?
- Who liberated France in World War II
- How is a company's share price determined
- Why do most Americans love Colin Powell
- What are the steps of general advice
- Which lamp can withstand high voltage fluctuations?
- What are some good webcam recording software
- Why would anyone want cancer
- How do I get smooth
- What do I do with old gas
- Has a monkey ever killed a human?
- What are the procedures for legal translation