Which are the longest unicode characters
Mac tip: Unicode characters
Writings, coded 04/10/2020, 11:11 a.m.
Particularly exotic characters can also be entered directly via their Unicode position.
So many special characters, so much to remember
Fortunately, the times when a font could contain a maximum of 256 characters are long gone. Many fonts now contain thousands of characters, such as the free and equally famous Google font Noto.
As Mac users, we are actually in the very comfortable situation that the most important characters can be called up directly via the keyboard. Unfortunately, this does not apply to the majority of glyphs. For example, there is no way to get directly to the symbol for “multiplication” (×). However, it is possible to enter the unicode of this character to retrieve it. That sounds awkward; but if you need the character over and over again in tables, you'll get the hang of it quickly.
To check which Unicode belongs to which character, open the folder Programs the application Font collection and click on the font you want. A character is always called using the same Unicode. But not every font is equally well developed; some even have umlauts missing.
Find the sign and park the mouse pointer over it. After a second, the Unicode is displayed. In the case of the multiplication sign, it is Unicode 00D7:
Every character has its immovable Unicode
To call up a character via its Unicode, start the word processor and select in the menu To edit the command Emoji & symbols.
This palette usually digs out the emojis
Instead of simply clicking on an icon, enter in the search field at the top u + and the Unicode, so: u + 00D7. The multiplication symbol is displayed immediately and can be transferred to the current document with one click.
The Unicode and its associated character
But it can be done better
This method is appropriate if you sporadically search for the same character over and over again. However, if you have to rely on special characters more often, consider setting up text substitution instead. In my case, for example, the input "xx" becomes the multiplication sign "×".
You could do this in System Preferences keyboard define a text replacement. A more powerful and very inexpensive alternative can be found in the aText application, which costs just 5 francs.
- In which areas can a CFA work?
- What's wrong with Santa Claus
- Bajaj Finance gives an education loan
- Shahrukh Khan's popularity is overrated
- Have non-Tamils supported the LTTE
- How contagious is whooping cough
- How can you withdraw your PF online?
- 1350 is a good SAT score
- What was the origin of cumbia
- What makes you feel valued and needed
- Are Karl Malone and John Stockton underestimated?
- How do I repair MDF files
- Do you think you are a personable person?
- How do you google images
- What is a lambda form
- What do you think about pop music
- Drinking alcohol will reduce depression
- Do you really like Muslims and why
- Are electric or gas cars better
- What are some misunderstood dog behaviors
- What is Marketing Management for you
- How can I appeal to the Supreme Court?
- How far is the Kuiper belt away
- How fictional is the Super 30 movie
- How does a perceptron algorithm work
- How are monitor lizards as pets
- Could there ever be an unbiased opinion
- What is difficult about Brexit
- What is the history of the soap
- What happens when a barcode is scanned
- What is the melting point of obsidian
- Why do individuals buy life insurance
- New Zealand immigration advice in Delhi
- Who is Maya Sita