Who captured African slaves
Hanisauland: Lexicon @todo: from Preprocess
People without rights
In slavery, one person becomes the property of another person. The slave has no rights of his own and is completely dependent on his owner. Slavery was widespread in ancient Egypt, ancient Greece and the Roman Empire. Everywhere slaves had to do low and often hard work.
Made into slaves
How did people become slaves? Mostly they came under the rule of the victors as prisoners of war or they were robbed in raids. The winners then sold the people as slaves. Many slaves were born under foreign rule and were never free.
Slave trade in the age of colonialism
From the 16th century a lively slave trade developed between Europe, Africa and America. European colonial powers such as Spain and England brought over eight million blacks to North and South America. A lot of money could be made with this criminal trade. The mostly black slaves worked under very poor conditions on the plantations of the rich whites.
The end of slavery
In 1833 Great Britain banned the slave trade, and in 1865 the USA also abolished it for good. With the UN Human Rights Convention in 1948, slavery was banned worldwide. However, in some countries there are still dependencies similar to slavery, for example child labor or forced prostitution.
- Which two words don't make the contraction?
- Who was suspended from Dallas Cowboys
- What's the best user interface you've ever seen
- People trust old doctors more
- Should a piano be tuned after moving
- Without coffee, coffee really has no caffeine
- Who would win Juggernaut vs Squirrel Girl?
- If 8 3x 29 what is x
- What is used in front of a contactor
- Are there well-designed weather sites
- What's the best crappie rig
- What is your opinion on cyber bullying
- People still eat spam
- Which would you choose journalism or law
- Will political campaigns ever be out of date?
- What are the important aspects of health
- A whole note is always 4 beats
- Friends usually make great business partners
- What problems are there only with Indians
- Why is rock music so hellish
- Why doesn't my PC recognize my iPhone?
- Who owns the Avro software
- What is IN 471
- Is Harare more developed than Kampala
- How did Christmas turn into a holiday?
- Why is a uniform data platform so special
- 3D printing is getting easier
- Music can make you feel positive
- Are you ashamed of your imperfections
- What does FaceTime Failed
- Corrodes acidic human flesh
- What is the difference between social and cultural
- Should Quora respect the first amendment request