How do I do an A essay
to write an essay
In this post, we'll explain what an essay is and how to structure it. We'll use tips and examples to show you what types of school essays there are.
To get an even better overview of the topic, just watch our video now!
- in the text
- Writing an essay - preparationin the text
- Write an essay - structurein the text
- Writing an essay - revisingin the text
- The most common types of essays in schoolin the text
- Writing an essay - tipsin the text
What is an essay?
An essay is a text to a particular themewhich is usually given to you by your teacher. All essays consist of the parts introduction, main part and conclusion.
How exactly the essay is structured and which writing style you should use always depends on the Attachment type from.
Writing an essay - preparation
In order to be able to write a good essay, it is very important to prepare well for it:
- Task: Read carefully what is required of you. Figure out what type of essay to write.
- materials: In addition to your assignment, you will usually receive additional documents. This can be a poem or a newspaper article, but also an excerpt from a longer text. You should read the materials carefully several times.
- To mark: Then you mark important text passages and anomalies in color.
- Collect: You can take notes while reading. Then you collect ideas on the topic again.
- Organize: So that you get an overview of your notes, you should organize them afterwards. For example, you can create a list or a mind map.
- structure: Think about what you want to write in which part of your essay.
Tip: Let yourself prepare time. If you do this thoroughly, the writing will be much faster afterwards.
Write an essay - structure
Here we show you a general one constructionthat you can use with all types of attachments. The details depend on the type of attachment and the task at hand.
Writing an essay - introduction
If you have a introduction write, you want to introduce your reader to the topic. He should find out which ones Attachment type it is about. If you have a text as a basis, you provide all the important information about it:
- author: Who wrote the text?
- title: What's the text called?
- Publication dateand/or year: When was the text published?
- Place of publication: Where did the text appear?
- content: What is the text about?
Be brief! The introduction is intended only as an approximation 5-10 percent of your essay. That is, if your essay has five pages, that would be half a page at most.
Write an essay - main part
The most important part of your essay is that Bulk. The exact content depends on the type of essay. In any case, you will deal intensively with your topic or question.
- logic: You should put your thoughts in a logical order. For example, you can proceed chronologically - that is, you put them in a chronological order. Alternatively, you can arrange the points thematically.
- Reconciliations: Make sure that you establish a connection between the different points.
- "Red thread": Never lose sight of the big picture. Use your outline and your notes as a guide as you write.
The main part is the longest part of your essay. He should 80-90 percent make up your entire essay.
Write an essay - that's it
in the Enough it is about briefly summarizing the results of the main part and drawing a conclusion, i.e. a conclusion. Depending on the type of essay, you may sometimes also be allowed to write your own opinion comment on the topic. But you shouldn't bring in any new results, but round off your essay well.
Like the introduction, the ending is only a small part of your essay. He shouldn't be more than 10 percent the total length.
Writing an essay - revising
When you have finished writing the essay, take some more time to calmly read it read through. When making your revision, you can adhere to the following points:
- error: Watch out for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Repetitions: Do not always use the same words. Do not start consecutive sentences with the same phrase, but write them with variety.
- Record length: Your sentences shouldn't be too long. With nested sentences, you quickly overlook some errors. They are also difficult to read.
Tip: If you write your essay at home, read it aloud to you at the end. As you read aloud, you can quickly tell if something sounds strange.
The most common types of essays in school
If you're writing an essay, you should know which ones Attachment type it is about. That is why we have put together an overview for you in which you can find the most common types of school essays from year 5 onwards.
Table of contents
At a Table of contents do you grasp that essential content of a text together. Books, book chapters, newspaper articles or other types of text are suitable for a table of contents. The goal is for your reader to know about all the important people and events, even if they don't know the text.
At a report do you present an event or an action objectively. Objective means that you do not express your own opinion in the report. With a report, you want to inform the reader exactly about the topic by briefly describing the events. An example of this is the accident report.
At a discussion do you deal with a text or a topic objectively. You should have a given Questionanswer with arguments. Usually there is a pro and a con: one side is for something, the other is against it. Your arguments always have the same structure: First you make a claim, then you justify it and round it off with an example.
How exactly the discussion is structured depends on the type of discussion. In this video we explain which types there are.
At a characterizationdo you describe one figure from a text. You go into the appearance and inner workings of the character and their history. You also describe their current situation, behavior and relationships with other people. For the characterization you may only use information that you have found in the text.
At a interpretation are you trying that importance and the effect understand a text. This can be a poem, a short story, a drama or a book (chapter). First you try to describe and interpret all the important parts of a text. In addition to the content, you also pay attention to the linguistic design and other abnormalities.
Just have a look at our post on poem interpretation! In it we explain how to interpret a poem correctly.
The English word "essay“Means nothing else than“ essay ”. In German, this usually means a certain type of essay that has many similarities with the discussion. With an essay, however, you have more freedom: For example, you can use stylistic devices in your argument, because the focus here is more on your own opinion. We explain how to do this in our sample video for the essay.
Writing an essay - tips
With these Tips you are sure to succeed in your next essay:
- time management: Before you start writing, think about how much time you will need for each work step. Allow enough time for preparation and revision. If possible, take breaks to stay focused.
- exercise: Adhere to the work steps for all homework and exercises. Then you will know exactly how to proceed for the next exam.
- Read: Pay attention to how other people write their texts, for example in the newspaper or in books. You can learn a lot from this.
Do you want to know how to write a particular essay? You are sure to find the right post in our overview! There we will present you the report, the comment or the letter to the editor, for example.
- What's your rating on Bluerose Publishers
- Which planet is the most beautiful
- To be 15 or not to be
- Has anyone ever failed basic education?
- What thing does the version represent in Java
- Does meditation really help you discover yourself
- Are you ready for your greatest adventure
- What if we didn't have any emotions
- Is growth hacking ethical
- What is intrinsic semiconductor
- What is agriculture adjusts market size
- How do I see best in everything
- How can I strengthen myself financially
- What are HTML C and Java
- How do I stop unwanted trading calls
- What do you think of Interstella 5555
- Do you own a small house
- How can enzymes be characterized
- Is it true that mermaids are spiritual
- What causes breast enlargement in men
- Basically, laziness is an escape from success
- Can a communist country be rich
- Do astronauts have a television on the ISS
- How many different ways of dying are there?
- Are corn tortillas healthy
- Why is IRCTC trying to go public
- What is the nakedest movie
- What is a fatal mistake in China
- Keep plants in your room
- Should I hold Sun Pharma stocks?
- What should your CRM consist of?
- The vocal range is independent of the electoral register