What controls cell division Why
to directory mode
The cell cycle
- The cell cycle is the cyclic sequence of cell divisions (mitoses) and growth phases (interphases) in dividing (proliferating) tissues.
In the tissues of multicellular organisms, used and dead cells are replaced by cell division. In organisms that are still growing, cell division is also responsible for growth. The cell cycle controls and coordinates the reproduction of cells. To do this, the DNA must first be identically duplicated (replicated) and the chromosomes condensed from it must be correctly divided between the two daughter cells. Furthermore, most cells have to double their cell mass and organelles beforehand. The timing of these diverse processes is coordinated by the cell cycle.
The period between cell divisions, the so-called mitotic phases (M-phases or mitosis), is called interphase. In this the cell grows to the necessary size and many molecular processes take place, of which the doubling of the DNA is the most prominent. The interphase shows three distinct phases, which are designated as G1 (Short for engl. Gap1 "gap 1"), S (synthesis) and G2 are designated.
Within the cell cycle, different proteins interact, which are interpreted as stop or go / start signals at certain phases of the cell cycle (checkpoints). The two most important checkpoints are the G1-Checkpoint immediately before entering the S phase and the second before entering mitosis.
The American Leland Hartwell and the British Paul Nurse and Tim Hunt won the 2001 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for their discoveries of the key regulators of the cell cycle.
- Can a serial killer of a psychopath be caught?
- Why are there counties
- Why doesn't Russia devour Poland?
- What is x if 8x 4
- What is the oldest autobiography in the world
- Any good alternative to docusign
- Are FIITJEE packages sufficient
- Why is there Christmas Christmas
- Can wolf spiders howl
- Why did Quora remove the WMD badge
- Why should an environmental engineer study trigonometry
- Was Descartes secretly an atheist
- How can i get a girlfriend boyfriend
- Where did Mahesh Babu learn to act from?
- How do I apply an APPSC group
- Which news agencies ignore Bernie Sanders
- Who regulates the game of chance?
- How long does parenthood last
- What scholarships are available to Harvard students
- When will the Muslims leave India?
- What is the long form of the visa
- Can swimmers call themselves bodybuilders?
- India has whistleblower protection laws
- What factors inhibit collective intelligence?