Deletes the deletion of cached data photos
What is cached data? (Android / Chrome / etc.) [MiniTool]
What is cached data? This post offers an answer. You can also learn the pros and cons of cached data, what is meant by "clearing cache" and how to clear the cache in different browsers and devices. For recovering deleted or lost data, you can try the free data recovery software - MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
What is cached data?
According to Wikipedia, cache is a component on your device that is used to store related data when you browse online or use an app. Cached data usually consists of files, pictures, scripts or other multimedia content. They are saved on your device when you visit a website or open a program for the first time. If you visit the same website again or open the same app again, the device can load this data quickly.
Cache can be divided into hardware cache and software cache. Hardware caches include CPU cache, GPU cache, DSPs, etc. Software caches include hard drive cache, web cache, app cache, memory, etc.
Browsers like Chrome and Firefox, streaming services like YouTube and Spotify, most games and many other apps store related information as cache data and use these cache files to provide a faster browsing experience. If you z. If, for example, you frequently visit a website with many images in the Google Chrome browser, the browser no longer has to download the images the next time the website is opened. Hence, when it comes to what cached data is, cache can also be thought of as temporary storage.
Is cached data important?
The benefits of cached data: Reduce the loading time of pages, websites or apps. Speeding up the internet browsing process or the use of apps. Clearing the cached data can slow things down as everything has to be reloaded from a website or app.
The disadvantages of cached data: If you never clear the cache, the cached data will grow bigger and take up a lot of space. This can slow down the use of the device or the app. Some browser or app issues can be due to the corrupted cached data. Clearing the cache can be a great way to fix a problematic app or browser.
What does clearing cache mean?
Clearing the cache means that all cached data will be deleted. The next time you visit the website, everything on this page will have to be downloaded again.
In general, clearing cache and clearing data mean the same thing. However, there are some differences between clearing cache and clearing data on Android. When you use an app on Android, the app stores the user settings, databases, and credentials as data, while it stores some other information like browsing history as a cache. When you clear the data on Android, both the data and the cache will be cleared. If you only clear the cache on Android, it will not clear important information like user settings.
How can you avoid others seeing your YouTube history (search and watch history)? This article shows you how to clear YouTube history so that your privacy can be protected.
How can I clear the cache?
After we analyze what cache data is, you realize that cache data is not that important. You can choose to keep them or delete them. You don't have to clear them every day, but you can clear the cache regularly to prevent it from taking up more space on your computer or phone.
The guides below will teach you how to clear cache on Android, Chrome, Firefox, iPhone, etc.
1. How to Clear Cache on Android
How to clear the cache for an app
For some older Android versions:
- Tap the Settings app and then tap Storage in the Settings window.
- Tap on Apps and it will list all the apps on your Android phone, along with the space each app is using.
- Tap the target app whose cache you want to clear.
- Tap the Clear Data or Clear Cache button as needed to clear the data or cache of this application on Android. If you select the Clear Cache option, the app data such as account information will not be deleted.
For newer Android versions:
- Tap Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> App Management.
- Tap the destination app whose cache or data you want to clear and tap Storage.
- Then tap Clear Cache to clear app caches or Clear Data to clear app data. Please note that the action to clear cache or data is irreversible.
How to clear caches for all apps on Android
- Some older versions of Android let you clear all of the caches on Android. You can tap Settings -> Storage -> Cache Data.
- In the Clear Caches pop-up, tap OK to clear the caches for all apps.
2. How to Clear Chrome Cache
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your computer.
- Click the Chrome menu icon with the three dots in the top right corner. click on More tools -> Clear browser data.
- Choose the Period Activate the options “Cookies and other website data” and “Images and files in the cache”. And hit the "Clear Data" button to clear Chrome's cached data.
3. How to clear the Firefox cache
- Open the Firefox browser and click the three line icon in the top right corner. Click Library -> History -> Clear Latest History.
- In the pop-up window you can then select a time range and activate the cache and cookies options.
- Click the Clear Now button to clear the caches in Firefox.
4. How to Clear iPhone Cache
Unfortunately, it is not possible to remove all cache files or clear caches for a single app on the iPhone. But you can go to the Settings app on your iPhone and click General -> iPhone Storage. Check the list of apps and tap an app. Click Documents & Data to see how much space this app is using. If it takes up a lot of storage space, you can click "Delete App" to uninstall this app and clear cached data, then download and reinstall this application.
Here's how to access and view the Google Chrome cache
What is cached data and how can you clear the cache? You should know that by now. You may also be wondering how to access cache files. Please see below.
1. Location of the Chrome cache in Windows: The Google Chrome caches are saved in the folder: C: \ Users \ username \ AppData \ Local \ Google \ Chrome \ User Data \ Default \ Cache.
You can look for Chrome cache data in the above directory. But if you can't find them, then the files may be hidden. You need to view hidden files in Windows 10 before you can see the Chrome cache in Windows. To show hidden files, you can open the file explorer window, click on "View" -> "Options", search for and click on "Show hidden files, folders and drives" and then click on "Apply" and "OK".
Have you ever encountered the problem that Windows 10 does not show hidden files? Some file recovery solutions and tips are presented here to deal with it.
2. Alternatively, you can use third party software like ChromeCacheView to read the Google Chrome browser cache folder and list all cache files. This tool shows the cache file name, url, content type, file size, last access time, etc. You can select one or more cache files and extract them to another folder or copy them to the clipboard.
3. Some information on the Internet says that you can type About: cache in the Google Chrome address bar to see the list of cache files and their paths, but this feature has been removed since Chrome version 66.
Click to tweet
Can you restore the deleted cache files in browsers and devices
Once you've cleared the cache in Chrome, it's not easy to get back. But you can try the two methods below to see if it can help you get back deleted cache files or restore Google Chrome history.
1. Use a file recovery program
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a smart free data recovery program for Windows. You can use this utility to recover all deleted or lost files from computer, SD card, memory card, USB, external hard drive, etc.
Download this virus-free and free data recovery program - MiniTool Power Data Recovery. Install it on your Windows computer and see below how you can use it to restore cached data.
Select the location to be scanned:
- Run MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
- Double click Select folder under Specific location on the main interface.
- Select the folder that may contain the Chrome cache files. Depending on the location of the Chrome cache, you can select one of the directories in this path: C: \ Users \ username \ AppData \ Local \ Google \ Chrome \ User Data \ Default \ Cache and click on to open. MiniTool Power Data Recovery will start scanning the selected folder.
- After the scanning process is finished, you can check the recovery result to see if there are the cache files you deleted. Highlight the files you need and click the button to saveto save them in a preferred folder.
Select the entire C drive to scan:
If scanning a specific folder doesn't help you recover the deleted Chrome cache files, then you can select the entire C drive to scan.
- Start MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
- Click in the left pane This pc and in the right window on drive C. Click the button to scanto scan the entire C drive.
- After the scan, check the scan result to find the cache files. You can follow the path of Google Chrome's cache folder to find the cache files. Check the files you want and click the button to saveto save the recovered files to a new destination.
For Mac users, you can use Stellar Mac data recovery software to recover deleted / lost files.
Article: free pen drive data recovery
2. Perform a system restore
Another method to get back the deleted cache files from Google Chrome is to perform a system restore for your computer. If you have ever created a system restore point for your computer, you can restore your computer to an earlier state if you want. But be careful, you may lose some current data on your computer. If restoring cached data is not that important, then you shouldn't take this risk or at least back up your Windows operating system and data with MiniTool ShadowMaker first.
What is cached data? This article will tell you all about cache, should you keep or clear it, what is clear cache, how to clear cache on Android phone, Chrome, Firefox, iPhone, and how to recover cache files from Google Chrome, etc.
If you are interested in MiniTool Software's products, please visit its official website.
What is cache data FAQ
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
She joined the MiniTool family in 2018. After that, she focuses on data recovery and disk management. Over the two years she has written many good posts and helped users get out of their data recovery and computer management problems.
In addition to knowledge of computer tricks, she is also interested in foreign languages, especially Japanese and Korean. She also likes animated films and feature films very much. "Good morning ... Oh, and if we don't see each other, good afternoon, good evening and good night!" Is her favorite movie quote.
- How powerful is your favorite song
- Which film has the longest credits?
- How does gravitational energy affect our lives
- It is common practice to compress files
- How would one explain the abiogenesis?
- Was Live Aid Freddie Mercury's last concert
- Why did chemistry come into this world?
- What are the sources of electronic waste
- What is better understood through poetry?
- How do boiler explosions work
- Is MADE EASY good for an EE
- Think plants are conscious
- How do I activate media files
- What is Crime Blotter Stuff
- What do you think of Craigslist
- Will Microsoft Office 2013 be successful
- How can you accept pain?
- How do helicopters spin
- Which Doors song rocks the hardest
- What's the biggest commercial ever made
- What are HTML C and Java
- Does p q possibly not mean p
- Is Java 11 faster than Java 8
- Why did you return to religion?