What happens when a person eats mold
Eaten mold? There is one thing to note!
One time not paying attention and you have already bitten off the moldy bread. But how toxic is it and what happens in the body when we have eaten mold? Who will tell you what to do!
Sometimes it's quick, a slice of bread is smeared and suddenly you feel something furry on your tongue. Mold, sometimes barely visible or already recognizable as a fluffy covering, is sometimes more, sometimes less detectable in the air and is looking for, e.g. B. bread or fresh fruit or vegetables to let off and grow there. Is that true? Moisture content and PH value or if putrefaction sets in, sooner or later mold will form. In the case of bread it can e.g. For example, it may happen that the lower pane of the bread bag is moldy, but a few panes above it still shows hardly any mold. It was bitten off quickly by this slightly moldy pane. But what should you do if you have eaten mold?
Eaten mold? What to do?
- A little bit of mold actually doesn't do any harmas long as the immune system is working properly. The body will react quickly to this, so that often no or very few symptoms are visible. In the optimal case, the food is simply digested. However, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea can also occur.
- However, with larger amounts of mold, the toxins can make themselves felt in the body. To prevent this, you can Charcoal tablets take in. These bind toxins in the body. Charcoal tablets are available in pharmacies, drugstores or online, e.g. as a pack of 30 from SOS or Merck.
- Should it result in more severe symptoms such as Diarrhea or vomiting come, charcoal tablets and plenty of drinking can also help. In the event of large amounts of mold or severe symptoms, you should consult a doctor immediately.
- Children, pregnant women and people with a weakened immune system should alsosee a doctor as soon as possible. Consequential damage can be ruled out using a blood test. If necessary, an enema is performed to flush the toxins out of the intestines.
Poisoning by toxins
Mold contains so-called Aflatoxinswhich can be harmful to health over a long period of time. With frequent consumption of mold it can lead to diseases such asLiver damage, kidney damage, allergies and damage to the immune system occur. In addition, the mold can develop with prolonged consumption carcinogenic Act.
Cutting away mold - which foods can you still eat?
Even if no mold is visible yet, it can already be in the food. This is especially true for fruit and vegetables that contain water, as well as bread. There it is not enough to cut away the affected areas, but to dispose of all the food. The same applies to:
- all pasta and baked goods
- cooked meals
- Yogurt and other dairy products
- Meat and fish products
Prevent mold growth
Store fruits and vegetables in a clean and cool environment. Local fruits like it cool and dark, e.g. B. in the refrigerator or cellar, tropical fruits, however, can be stored for a long time at room temperature. That also applies to tomatoesthat otherwise lose their taste in the refrigerator. Bread does not belong in the refrigerator either, otherwise it will humidity pulls and molds faster. Instead, it should be kept in a dry place, e.g. B. be stored in an air-permeable can.
Also interesting: Store bread correctly - with these tips it will stay fresh longer! >>
Video: Öko-Test warns - "Every 2nd flour contaminated with mold!"
Editor's note: This article contains, among other things, product recommendations. When selecting products, we are free from the influence of third parties. For a mediation via our affiliate links, we receive a commission from the relevant service provider / online shop, with the help of which we can continue to offer independent journalism.
- Why do people find entertainment in motivation
- What did your mother hit you with?
- What are the 4 characteristics of libertarians
- How was the notation in mathematics created
- What are the best cross pins
- What is sound
- Who Sells Honda Generators
- What rhymes with malnutrition
- I'm moving backwards Who am I
- How do I use a guitar pedal
- Which apps are there for private SMS?
- Can you correct this short text?
- How does the Upwork payment work
- What does an I Incomplete Note mean
- A blog niche can be too unpopular
- What connection has cis-trans and enantiomers
- Which psychological disorders lead to violent behavior?
- How can I negotiate with a dealer
- What is the main reason clutches burn out
- What was the worst car accident recorded
- How fair is the Galaxy S8 camera
- What are the benefits of Airbnb
- What color do bees dislike?
- Are the Argentines racist
- Home on the Range is in the public domain
- When did tattoos become the mainstream?
- What is the authorization for sound engineering
- Which is more addicting nicotine or alcohol
- How do I remove the Windows 10 account
- What is the importance of media planning
- What makes a good port
- How did Winky become a slave?
- How is the pub culture in Hyderabad
- Moldovan is the same language as Romanian