Which teeth do babies get first
7 signs that tell you baby's first tooth is coming soon
Has your baby been whining lately, drooling a lot more and is somehow constantly in a bad mood? It may be because the first tooth is about to erupt.
In the video: The best tips for your baby to sleep through the night
How does it work with the milk teeth anyway?
When the first tooth appears in a baby is very individual. Most infants show their first tooth between the fourth and sixth months. In rare cases, some babies are born with their first teeth.
For others, however, the first tooth only shows up on their first birthday. Just be patient and don't worry too much if your baby's mouth doesn't show any teeth after the first six months.
The so-called germs of the milk teeth are already deposited in the jaw in the womb. A child's deciduous dentition then consists of 20 teeth, including eight incisors, four canines and eight molars. Incidentally, the last molars are often the last to break through. In most cases, the milk teeth are not complete until the age of two.
The baby teeth remain with the little ones until they reach school age. Then they grin proudly and present their tooth gaps. But there is still some time until then. First of all, the first tooth has to show itself at all.
Reading material for mums: Little spades that matter: that's how important vaccination is for babies
First signs of teething
During the period in which the first tooth is slowly pushing its way through the gums, very typical symptoms often occur. Some experts assume that symptoms such as moodiness, diarrhea and fever in particular are not directly related to the teething process.
A soothing gel against baby's dental problems is available here on Amazon
They attribute these symptoms to the fact that children put all sorts of things in their mouths during this time in order to massage their gums by chewing. In doing so, they come into contact with viruses and other germs.
While some babies don't seem to have any problems with teething at all, for others it is sometimes quite painful and anything but child's play. Reddened cheeks and swollen gums are clear signs of teething. If you add any of the following signs, now is the right time to give your child a little relief:
1. The baby chews and gnaws on everything that is tangible, including its own fist if necessary.
2. The drool cloth is used much more often because more saliva is produced during teething.
3. The increased drooling makes the skin around the mouth sore, like a rash.
4. The mood was seldom worse.
5. Your baby has significantly less appetite than usual.
6. Sleep is rather restless and poor overall.
7. Whining, screaming and crying - these are also more common now.
Great as complementary food: baby food made from potatoes, carrots and chickenVideo by Jutta Eliks
What is it that eases teething pain?
Most children are now looking for closeness, want to cuddle more and need loving attention. Try to distract your child a little. Taking a walk or simply fooling around can alleviate the symptoms.
If that is not enough, you can offer your child a chilled teething ring (buy here at Amazon) or a wet washcloth. A gentle massage of the gums with a soothing teething gel from the pharmacy can work wonders. You can find even more tips to make teething easier for babies in our detailed article: Quick help with teething. If, despite everything, there is no relief, you should visit your pediatrician and get advice.
You can find more information about teething on the following health portals:
Federal Center for Health Education (BZgA)
Federal Association of Pediatricians and Junior Doctors (BvKJ)
Important NOTE: The information in this article is provided for informational purposes only. If you have any uncertainties, urgent questions or complaints, you should contact your doctor.
- What are some features of the educational philosophy
- New York City maps are free
- What is a Sabbath walk
- How does your retirement preparation pay off?
- What is your level of knowledge
- What's the hardest part about wearing braces?
- How do high temperatures kill bacteria?
- How is education in Brazil
- What do you learn in algebra
- Why should anyone like Chandigarh City
- Does the Kindle app cost money
- Why is Fitness First so expensive
- Is there a theory about psychological costs
- Is jaggery better than sugar
- Is Microsoft an underrated company
- What are the best restaurants in Angola
- How far is 500 light years
- What do you think of the hornbill
- How can I become an orchestral composer?
- How can we solve v1 1 + sinx
- How do I root a Micromax A092
- Insurance is the most profitable business
- How therapists treat ADHD patients
- Is Bhutan the best environment
- India will accept Jesus
- What does a song producer do
- What is Mahayana and Hinayana
- Why am I unsure with my boyfriend
- How can I deal with appreciation
- What is an IUI treatment
- Which fruit name starts with JUJU
- What was the saddest fatal defeat of a villain?
- How does narcissism affect the brain