Why do towels absorb so much liquid?
Towels - get advice and feel
Bathroom textiles should look good and, above all, dry well. Lint formation and pilling are undesirable. On the one hand, this means that the quality of the cotton in a good towel has to be right, because fluff is created with simple towels made of cotton with insufficient pile length. Frequent washing does not solve the problem of lint - buying a better towel alone will help. Pilling, on the other hand, can be avoided by washing properly. You should take special care that the washing machine is not too empty.
Towels for every requirement
Usually towels, shower and bath towels, sauna towels and washcloths are made of terry toweling. This is a textile fabric with special absorbency and a pleasantly soft and fluffy feel. The word goes back to the French verb "frotter" and means "frottieren", which means something like (with cloths) "rub off". Terrycloth or terrycloth textiles have characteristic loops that increase the volume of the fabric and in this way can absorb significantly more liquid than conventional woven or knitted textiles. The terry goods are two-chain fabrics. This consists of the taut base warp thread and the loosely lying pile warp thread from which the loops are formed.
Towels of all sizes
Different terry qualities
A distinction is made between different types of production. The full terry with its loose loops made of soft yarn is soft in the hand and has a high absorbency. Twisted terry, on the other hand, has significantly smaller and more stable loops. It is firmer to the touch and has a slight massage effect when washing and drying. With velor terry, the loops are cut so that a soft and almost delicate surface with a velvety feel is created. Knitted terry is a relatively new development. Since it is not woven, but rather knitted, the result is soft fabric with good absorbency and, in addition, a higher loop strength for a light massage effect.
make an appointment
in countless designs
For towels that are used on the sandy beach, one side of the towel is made of velor. For this, the upper arches of the terry loop are cut off. Only vertically standing cotton fibers remain. Contrary to the intuition of showing this smooth and "neat" looking side and turning it upwards, you put the towel in the sand with the velor side down. The sand cannot easily get caught in the smooth, vertical cotton fibers and the towel is easier to shake out at the end of the day at the beach.
make an appointment
- What are some good drawing tips
- Offers Google Fi streaming for free
- What is extraterrestrial life
- Is a credit card generator illegal
- How does titanium make rose quartz pink
- What does it mean to follow through
- How can I find the right friend
- Why Certain Foods Make You Fart
- What is Robert Heinlein famous for?
- What does a dog award tell you
- Can someone help me 9
- Difference between crime and deviation
- Bicycle What do limiting screws actually do
- What do you call a burned tree
- Ideas can be contagious
- What is intrinsic semiconductor
- How do you simplify 6 3 3
- In which year will BTS dissolve?
- What bird does MM have in its name
- Why is biochemistry so complicated
- What is the main sport in Europe
- What is the cheapest hotel search service
- What is a muted trumpet
- Do artists have different brains?