Why do schools need music programs

Why Hausch & Partner?

Why should I choose Hausch & Partner?

We are the experts for Australia and New Zealand

We focus exclusively on Australia, Canada and New Zealand! That is why we can deal intensively with the countries and schools. We know our local contacts personally. Contact with the schools is therefore direct and not via an on-site agency.

One of our specializations is also to look after students with special talents or requirements. For us, this means finding the right school and putting together an adequate program. Since the promotion of individual skills is part of the credo of the Australian and New Zealand education system, the schools show great courtesy in this regard and are happy about the enrichment "from outside":

Academic We can arrange places in so-called "accelerated programs" for particularly gifted students, where they receive special support based on their talent and performance

Sports - In consultation with family and trainers, we ensure that the students find optimal training conditions and that integration into a performance-based team is prepared before they arrive (which the student must confirm on-site with appropriate performance)

music - We work with schools whose music programs are internationally recognized. Students can apply for these via audio media and thus gain access to top orchestras, choirs and bands.


frequently asked Questions

  • How is the interview going?

    We do not conduct “interviews”, but instead invite students and parents to talk - either in Hamburg or near where they live. This serves to get to know each other. The interview will only be held in German, because we believe that your personality can best be expressed in your mother tongue. In addition, schools in Australia and New Zealand do not require proof of English proficiency. During the interview, we create a detailed profile that expresses the academic requirements of the student, but also his personal needs and wishes.

  • Do I get specific school suggestions?

    At the end of the consultation, we will make up to five specific school suggestions and explain them in detail. We then send these schools the student profile and ask for an offer, which we forward to the family.

  • Do I get a statement of costs?

    After the consultation, we will prepare a detailed cost estimate with the likely costs of staying at the proposed schools, because school fees and homestay fees vary for each school. The actual costs may be slightly higher or lower than this calculation, depending on the exchange rate valid on the payment date and additionally booked leisure and sports activities. The fee for our services is shown separately. We strive to provide the most complete cost breakdown possible so that our families get a realistic idea of ​​the expected costs.

  • Are the flights accompanied?

    In January and July, and often also in April / May, we offer outbound flights in a group accompanied by selected supervisors. The prerequisite for this is a number of at least 12 students, but this usually takes place (at least in January and July).

  • Who can apply to Hausch & Partner?

    • All EU citizens - In principle, we can refer every student with an EU passport to Australia and New Zealand and look after them there. Our brochure and our contract are in German, but we are happy to provide information, advice and student interviews in English as well.
    • Schoolchildren between the ages of 12 and 18 as well as school leavers up to 23 - The minimum age for unaccompanied schooling in New Zealand is 12, in Australia 13 (with exceptions), the maximum age is 18.5 years. School leavers have the opportunity to take job-related courses and / or English courses at an ITP (Institute of Technology and Polytechnics) in New Zealand or a TAFE Institute (Technical and Further Education) in Australia (see LEARNING AFTER SCHOOL)
    • Everyone - regardless of academic performance and physical impairments - Because Australia and New Zealand work exclusively according to the comprehensive school principle, it is possible to find a suitable school for every student - regardless of their academic abilities. Learning disorders and disabilities are also no reason for us to reject them in principle. All schools in Australia and New Zealand are equipped to support particularly talented but also learning and physically handicapped students. A decision about admitting a student with special needs to our program is made after extensive discussions with the family in close cooperation with the schools.
    • Anyone who can answer "yes" to the following questions:
    • Is it my own desire to go abroad?
    • Do I have the full support of my parents?
    • Am I open to new, strange and unfamiliar things?
    • Am I physically and mentally stable enough for such a change?
    • Do I and do my parents have realistic expectations of the stay abroad?
    • Is the “chemistry” right between my family and Hausch & Partner?
  • Who is my contact person on site?

    The coordinator in the respective school! Due to the long-term relationships, Hausch & Partner maintains close contact with the partner schools in Australia and New Zealand. After numerous visits by our employees Down Under and many return visits to Germany, we not only know most of the schools themselves, but also the local coordinators who look after the students. We made a conscious decision against working with partner organizations in Australia and New Zealand. In problematic situations, the student either contacts the coordinator in the school directly or. We will then contact the coordinator. Your contact person is also our contact person - that makes the whole thing straightforward and direct!

  • When is the best time to start school down under?

    There are several possible answers to this question. The school year in Australia and New Zealand starts in January and ends in December. It is divided into 4 terms, each of which is about 10 weeks long and interrupted by a 2-week vacation. You can start at the end of January (Term 1), April (Term 2) and mid-July (Term 3). Only term 4 (in September) cannot be started because this is the examination term and the school year is coming to an end.
    The best time to start depends on the individual student's situation. Several factors play a role here and should be included in the decision. We recommend first contacting the local school and clarifying any preferences. In addition, it is important to pay attention to season times if certain sports are to be practiced at a competitive level. Pupils who would like to be accepted into orchestras, choirs or theater groups should, if possible, start at the beginning of the school year. When to go abroad - More information

  • What should I know about the flights?

    Our students fly with renowned international airlines (usually Lufthansa, Air New Zealand, Qantas, Singapore Airlines). An important aspect for us is personal contact with our airline partners and their willingness to take care of individual students in an emergency, which can be particularly important on the return flight, which is unaccompanied. The flight tickets are valid for 12 months and can be booked on a different date within the respective booking class for a small fee. They can even be extended to 18 months for an extra surcharge. The flights are organized, booked and supervised by our cooperation partner a & e: Erlebnis: Reisen
    • Outward flight in the group - In January, July and in the last two years also in April / May we send up to 3 selected supervisors, depending on the group size, to look after the students during the trip
    • Return flight individually - The return flight will not be accompanied by us. Many students extend their stay or are picked up by their parents after their school stay. Because we find this individual planning option important, we cannot organize a return flight in the group. However, a & e tries to form small groups from students flying alone.
  • Will I need extra (health) insurance?

    • Travel cancellation insurance - You only need to insure the costs that will not be reimbursed if you do not start your trip. Experience has shown that this amount is a maximum of € 4,000.00. This insurance must be taken out no later than 30 days before departure.
    • Travel sickness protection - (with add-on travel insurance: travel accident and travel liability insurance) for students who want to go to Australia We strongly recommend that all students who travel to Australia take out such insurance - in addition to the compulsory OSHC (Overseas Students Health Cover ), which only offers basic protection.

    All students traveling to New Zealand take out extensive premium insurance through the school there and do not need any additional insurance. However, pre-existing illnesses must be covered by an existing insurance policy.