Why is Sentinel Prime betraying the Autobots
Why did Sentinel Prime betray Ironhide?
It looks like the Autobots consider Earth their new home and don't want to rebuild Cybertron. Decepticons want to rebuild Cybertron instead. Sentinel's love for his home planet overcomes his loyalty to his Autobots. He explains it in the film (although I acknowledge that dialogues between Bay's beloved explosions are often lost):
Optimus: Why, Sentinel, why?
Sentinel: For Cybertron! For our home! What war destroys, we can rebuild! But only if we join the Decepticons.
Optimus: No, that's not the only way. This is our home! We have to defend the people!
Sentinel: You are so lost, Optimus. We were gods on Cybertron. And here they call us machines. Let the people serve us or perish.
Autobots consider humans their new friends, which Sentinel apparently cannot accept because he thinks they are weak. So he probably thinks the Autobots are weak too, and teams up with whoever he thinks is stronger: Megatron.
But wait, there's more!
I don't remember if it's explained in the movie (you know, "BOOM> Dialog"), but according to the wiki (take the wiki with a grain of salt as usual!) Sentinel betrayed the Autobots many years ago when he fled before the dying Cybertron. So he decided to cross his allies even before he set foot on Earth. What later happened on Earth (Autobot's friends with humans) only made him angrier and his betrayal more vehement.
ps Sentinel isn't the only one who switched sides in the Transformers franchise, so his betrayal isn't that "weird".
- Why doesn't my PC recognize my iPhone?
- Can smartphones be connected to desktop processors?
- Why was Isaac Newton the greatest scientist
- What is the colorful building in Moscow
- Is stress seen as a mental disability
- Will men enjoy Sidney Sheldon books too?
- Which vector illustrations are currently trending?
- Why should one have good communication skills
- What is the hardest question about the immigration interview
- What are retroperitoneal organs
- What does Lufthansa mean
- Which US state do you live in?
- What is the most reliable electronic device
- There are FREE crowdfunding platforms
- Is Ethereum considered an old coin
- Why are INTJs more likely to be single
- Is blockchain a crypto currency
- How do I repair cracks in the basement
- What is the origin of Rosh Hashanah
- How dangerous it is to ride a bike in India
- Why did humans not develop claws
- The pursuit of happiness is overrated
- Why isn't Yuvraj playing
- Where did Jesus eat the last supper?
- Mathematicians make experiments
- How is chemical engineering at BITS Goa
- The earth has floating islands
- Who is the richest person in Denmark
- Which Free Online Streaming Site Is Safe
- You can buy unclaimed luggage
- What is Milou skin care
- How do I define physics
- How is CVT in the snow
- What is VAT in simple terms