What causes the Schumann resonance of the earth
Phenomenon of the earth's atmosphereSchumann resonances without space travel
There are about fifty lightning bolts on Earth every second. This creates electromagnetic waves that travel around the earth at a height of around one hundred kilometers between the earth's surface and a boundary layer in the ionosphere. If the radiation has exactly the right wavelength, it is superimposed and amplified. This is how standing waves are formed that run around the earth almost eight times per second. This phenomenon is called Schumann resonance, named after Winfried Otto Schumann, a physicist at the Technical University of Munich who researched it in the middle of the last century.
Schumann resonators in space shuttles?
The rumor persists that NASA had Schumann resonators installed in its space shuttles or even in the modules of the international space station. This is important so that the astronauts outside the earth's atmosphere are doing well. This is nonsense. In fact, NASA deals with Schumann resonances. The waves in the atmosphere can not only be observed from Earth, but also with a measuring instrument on a US military research satellite in orbit.
There are standing waves in the earth's atmosphere, but they cannot be seen in photos. (Deutschlandradio)
Since the resonances fluctuate slightly depending on the time of year, solar activity or the chemical composition of the atmosphere, their measurement allows conclusions to be drawn about the state of the terrestrial air envelope. There could also be Schumann resonances in the atmospheres of other planets in our solar system and even in those of exoplanets. Unfortunately, they can only be measured by a space probe in the vicinity, but not with a telescope over a long distance.
- How do you solve any math question
- It's hard to leave Scientology
- What is the best travel phone
- How do you mute FaceTime?
- Motorcycles can drive red lights
- Why do I personally never get A2As
- What is the formula for decorative concrete
- Which psychological disorders lead to violent behavior?
- Which is Shakespeare's funniest or wisest aphorism
- All visible stars are suns
- How is clutter different from stuttering
- Can someone become a millionaire by doing freelance work?
- How do I help children affected by poverty
- How is Acer Nitro 5 for games
- How do we improve 3D printers
- How long does it take to freeze fat
- What are your best Minecraft Pickup Lines
- When should you replace a chainsaw bar?
- Is it possible to grow a forest
- Are there any dangerous ones in RPSF
- What are non-Euclidean dates
- Why are Capricorns smart people
- What Are Some Terrible Communicable Diseases
- Chinese WeChat has a bug
- Tim Duncan is the best PF ever
- How can I become an orchestral composer?
- Height growth can beat genetics
- How close are the nearest stars
- What killed the Cloverfield monster
- How can I change servers
- What is a magnum bottle of wine
- Do women feel remorse for hurting someone?
- How can we make instructional videos
- Why is Tommy Robinson not given police protection