Which national language does Anarak come from
Part of speech: noun, (male)Hyphenation:
- Ano | rak, Plural: Ano | raks
- IPA: [ˈAnoʀak]
- 1) wind-resistant pull-on jacket with only one opening for the head
- The word was borrowed in the first half of the 20th century and comes from the language of the West Greenland Inuit, the Kalaallisut. annoraaq means in this language "something against the wind".
- 1) windbreaker
- 1) jacket, garment, clothes
- 1) parka
- 1) When the weather is bad Anoraks very pleasant.
- 1) “There is also a certain Celtic element floating around between them Anoraks and fur hats - long noses - more often on the faces of women. "
- Nominative: singular Jacket; Plural Anoraks
- Genitive: singular Anoraks; Plural Anoraks
- Dative: singular Jacket; Plural Anoraks
- Accusative: singular Jacket; Plural Anoraks
- English: 1) anorak
- French: 1) anorak (male)
- Yiddish (Eastern): 1) juppe
- Polish: 1) skafander (male), anorak (male)
- Swedish: 1) anorak
- Spanish: 1) anorak (male)
- Czech: 1) bunda (Female)
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„© Jacket Productions Jacket is Germany's most creative advertising film production.“
HORIZONT.NET, September 20, 2018
„T-shirt instead Jacket - that could be the right clothing on Tuesday in North Rhine-Westphalia. Then the temperatures often rise in the country to an unusually mild 18 degrees with lots of sunshine.“
Aachener Zeitung, November 2nd, 2018
„T-shirt instead Jacket - that could be the right clothing on Tuesday in North Rhine-Westphalia.“
t-online, November 02, 2018
„Frank Behrens * has his in the morning Jacket put on his baseball cap and got into the car because the tram to the job center in Halle would have cost him six euros, which he didn't have. At least not for that.“
stern.de, February 24, 2019
„But he, too, has forgotten a little thing that should not be neglected in his wedding outfit: under his Jacket he doesn't wear a shirt as usual.“
Gala.de, October 9, 2018
„In winter a thick one protects Jacket from the cold. In an accident, however, it can cause extremely serious injuries.“
Today.at, November 29, 2019
„The Carinthian mountains shine like freshly sugared on Wednesday, but sledges, skis and Jacket do not have to be unpacked yet: the snow is over again today, Thursday.“
Krone.at, October 31, 2019
„Bad Honnef (dpa / tmn) - Poor frost protection for plants is like a warm one Jacket for humans: it is needed when it is bitterly cold.“
t-online, November 07, 2019
„She wore a red one Jacket a hat and a brown shoulder bag.“
Police press release, January 14, 2020
„Excursion in a rubber dinghy instead of a city tour in a coach or Jacket instead of a tuxedo, that could be the motto of a sea voyage on an expedition ship that is sailing in the Arctic or Antarctic.“
stern.de, January 28, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- Hooded jacket: Jacket with a hood
- Snow jacket
Another word (synonym) for anorak - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "anorak":
coat:… Garment, clothing 2) Cover Subordinate terms: 1) Evening gown, anorak, work gown, bathrobe, women's coat, men's coat, imperial coat, hooded coat…
jacket: ... tight man's skirt "; Borrowed from French in the 14th century. Related terms: 1) Anorak, blazer, blouson, bolero, caraco, tailcoat, jacket, jacket, jacket Opposite words: ...
clothing: Dresses, clothing Subordinate terms: 1) Anorak, suit, dress, skirt, pajamas, shoe, stocking, blouse, shirt, trousers Examples of use: 1) The item of clothing fits like a glove and keeps you warm
bloson: the windbreaker, the anorak, the parka, the blouson Translations German: 1) the windbreaker, the anorak, the parka, the blouson English: windbreaker
Jacket: See also: Anorak anorak (Polish) Part of speech: noun, (male) Hyphenation: a | no | rak, plural: a | no | ra | ki Pronunciation / emphasis: IPA: [aˈnɔrak], plural: ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Anorak" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (22.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Anorak/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. Write a usage hint or an example and help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Anoraks (German) Part of speech: Declined form Grammatical features: nominative plural of the noun Anorak genitive singular des…
Arrangement (German) Part of speech: Abbreviation Word meaning / definition: 1) Old Norse Examples of use: 1) "Die ...
arrangement (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular arrangement; Plural arrangements genitive: singular ...
Arrangements (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: An | ord | nun | gen Grammatical features: nominative plural of ...
Anorectics (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: An | o | rek | ti | ka Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [anʔoˈʁɛktika]…
Anorectic (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular anorectic; Plural anorectics genitive: singular ...
Anorectic (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: An | o | rek | ti | kums Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
anorexia (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular die anorexia; Plural the anorexia genitive: ...
Anorexia (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Ano | re | xi | en Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [anʔoʁɛˈksiːən]…
Inorganic (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular, inorganic; Plural - genitive: singular ...
Abnormality (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular, abnormality; Plural abnormalities genitive: ...
- Which foods start with the letter z?
- When do people retire
- What are some aesthetic melodies
- Why do you get a dirty taste
- Shouldn't buy Apple BlackBerry
- What is Emily Dickinson's legacy in poetry
- What's your favorite lesser known Shakespeare play
- Why was chess invented
- What is the state of scientific journalism?
- Deletes the deletion of cached data photos
- Is rennet used in cheese
- New York is destroyed
- How is depression for you
- How are male empaths supposed to vent
- What is the cheapest crossover vehicle
- How do I stop dreaming in public
- What does a shaffle hand card mean
- Which laptop is best under 250 pounds
- Why was the Apple 1 so revolutionary
- Is agriculture viewed as an industry? Why
- What makes owning real estate so profitable
- What are some good GK quizzes
- What is the marathi meaning of velle
- What does it mean to hyperventilate
- What is the use of information science
- How can a student survive in Germany
- What moves God
- What are stocks to buy after the recession
- Can you pray without a hijab
- Who can see my WhatsApp profile
- Which is more difficult surfing or windsurfing
- Do you like Turkey
- What is a hose
- What is commonly called hydrogen peroxide