Why are Daen so thin
Danish study surprised: Thin by sugar
But at least: "To our great surprise we found out that there are far fewer overweight people among people who regularly add sugar to their tea or coffee," said doctor Finn Gyntelberg from Bispebjerg Hospital in Copenhagen. "If a person puts two pieces of sugar in every five or six cups of tea or coffee they usually drink a day, the risk of gaining weight is 40 percent lower than without adding sugar," added Gyntelberg.
The health data of 5,200 men from Denmark were evaluated for the study. The long-term study looks at the relationships between obesity, alcohol and tobacco consumption and physical activity. The findings are "extremely interesting" because there have "never been any similar results anywhere," said Gyntelberg.
If the connection proves to be correct in follow-up examinations, "we should perhaps eat sugar cubes to lose weight," the doctor told the daily "Jyllands Posten". The effect can probably be explained by the fact that sugar, together with tea and coffee, stimulates the metabolism and reduces appetite. However, the present study is not yet sufficient to consider this connection as proven.
- Where is ice stock sport popular and why
- Did Obama legalize same-sex marriage
- Lord Sandwich invented the sandwich
- What monomer is Bakelite made of
- What are the best Indian crime novels
- When was the red wolf endangered?
- What is french
- Which city is better Nanded or Nagpur
- Who is the greatest astronaut in the world
- Why do rain clouds look like smoke
- What is Mollaret's Meningitis
- Which fictional character has the most doctoral theses
- How did you find your lost pet
- How do interactive videos make eLearning attractive?
- Has Haskell references like OCaml
- Is racism reasonable
- What are your favorite Tumblr sites that you follow
- How old is Athens really
- Do you think Stannis regrets killing Renly?
- How is a propane tank emptied
- Is D B Cooper's secret revealed
- What makes a good Pilates teacher
- Which is the perfect vocabulary
- Who is the daughter of Prakash Padukone