Ice tea is bad for you
Iced tea during pregnancy: what to watch out for
Iced tea is delicious, keeps you awake and is good for you. In addition to fruits, it also contains a lot of sugar and caffeine. Can I drink iced tea while pregnant?
Drinking is important during pregnancy
Not only for you, but also for your baby's metabolic processes, circulation and nutrient intake, it is important that you drink enough during pregnancy. Doctors recommend still water in particular. However, it is of course understandable if you want to treat yourself to something with taste every now and then. Water is tasteless and so it is quite likely that at some point the desire to drink something sweet will also increase. Juices, but also lemonade and iced tea are high on the list. But is it allowed to drink iced tea during pregnancy?
Can I drink iced tea during pregnancy?
In addition to water, tea is also a popular drink during pregnancy. Herbal and fruit teas are particularly popular. They do not contain sugar or caffeine. With iced tea, however, it behaves differently, at least if you haven't made it yourself. Industrially processed iced tea isn't exactly healthy. Nevertheless, you can consume this drink during pregnancy. However, you should pay attention to the recommendations of the experts.
Iced tea during pregnancy: what should you watch out for?
Iced tea is not a problem during pregnancy as long as the recommendations of the doctors are followed. In addition to water, fruits or herbs, the drink can contain caffeine. If you ingest too much of it, unpleasant to dramatic side effects can occur:
- Pulse rises
- High blood pressure
- Restlessness or increased stress level
- Sleep disorder
- Malformations, too low a birth weight in the infant
For these reasons one should always adhere to the recommended amount of the doctor and a maximum of 300 milligrams of caffeine consume per day. Of course, the same applies to other drinks such as coffee or cola.
You can drink iced tea during pregnancy. However, you should be careful not to exceed the maximum amount of caffeine of 300 milligrams per day. If you stick to it, you can enjoy the delicious drink for the next few weeks.
Image source: pixabay.de / JillWellington
- How do I grow mushrooms
- How much does a forensic psychologist earn
- What kind of e-books do Indians prefer
- How was Georgia founded
- What are small savings plans
- What does a sustainable village mean?
- What do you think of syncope
- How can imitation crabs be frozen
- Is velvet polyester
- What is ash-free filter paper for
- Is there a Pandora for Korean music?
- What is your favorite beer event
- What nursery rhymes have a quick hit
- The eyes are blindfolded with the ears
- What's your opinion on Skype
- How warmth comes from the sun
- What is the largest planet 3
- What is line level recording
- Is it okay to be scared?
- Can I smoke weed with alcohol
- Can people around you slow you down
- We are 500 startups since 2015
- What color uniform was the Vichy police force on
- Why is a uniform data platform so special