Can I use boiled egg water?
Preparation: boil eggs
Eggs are usually cooked in different stages:
- Soft: A soft-boiled egg has a firm egg white and a soft, runny yolk.
- Medium: An egg of this consistency has a firm protein and a soft, no longer liquid yolk.
- Hard: A hard-boiled egg has an overall hard interior, except for the innermost core of the egg yolk, which does not harden even after prolonged boiling.
The art of cooking is to cook soft or medium-boiling eggs "to the point". The cooking time depends on a few factors:
- Egg size / weight
- desired degree of hardness
- Air pressure
- Temperature of the still uncooked egg
- Duration of the warm-up time to the boiling point of the water
- Amount of water
Types of preparation
- Pierce the egg on the flatter side with the egg piercer. This can also be done with a pin, but you have to offer the egg a large support surface, e.g. grasp it with your whole hand. You have to be very careful not to break it when you pierce it. The air in the egg can escape through the hole in the shell during cooking and the egg will not burst. However, freshly laid eggs do not have an air bubble. Piercing is unnecessary.
- The amount of water depends on the size and quantity of the eggs. In any case, the eggs must be covered with water.
Cooking in hot water
- First you bring a pot full of water to a boil.
- Boil the water, carefully place the egg in the saucepan.
The cooking time is usually:
- 3–4 minutes, provided the egg white should still be slightly runny
- 4–5 minutes, if you want all the egg white to be hard
- 6–7 minutes for wax eggs (the yolks have coagulated but are still moist)
- 8 minutes for hard-boiled eggs that are cut into slices, for example
- The time is measured as soon as the egg is placed in the water.
- Once the desired level of hardness has been reached, rinse the egg in cold water immediately to end the cooking process (Note! Contrary to the popular opinion that cold quenching makes it easier to peel off the shell later, quenching is only used to end the cooking process. Whether the shell can be loosened or not depends on the age of the eggs . Very fresh eggs are difficult to peel - quenching them doesn't help. Older eggs, from one week after the laying date, can usually be peeled just as well without quenching as with quenching).
Danger: Cooking times can be significantly longer if the kitchen is at a greater height above sea level. The reason is that the boiling temperature of the water decreases as the air pressure decreases. For example, the cooking water on the Zugspitze (2963 m above sea level) already bubbles at 90 ° C.
Soaking the eggs in cold water
- Put eggs in cold water and turn on the heat.
- As soon as the water begins to bubble, the time has to be measured: A soft egg needs 3 minutes with a medium weight, 10 seconds more or less can already distort the desired hardness.
Eggs can easily be cooked with just a little water. Time and energy can be saved to heat the water:
- Fill the pot only 1 cm high with water.
- Put eggs in cold water.
- Put on the lid and switch on the stove.
- The cooking times do not change because the water vapor in the pot has practically the same temperature as the boiling water.
Eggs can also be boiled like this: cover eggs with cold water, place on the stove, boil for only 1 minute, then remove from stove and let stand for 13 minutes - then remove from the water. This method has the advantage that the eggs are always beautiful (without a green border) - regardless of whether they are at sea level or on the Zugspitze.
- Which factors determine the difficulty of Sudoku
- Play Framework is the Django of Java
- What are some books that inspire writers
- Why do people believe manipulators
- How do I write like Hemingway
- Can Hadoop will replace oracles
- What does the slang term bustdown mean?
- What is Structural Types of Buildings
- Are you dependent on other people
- The economy of all humanity is failing
- In what period were there most of the collector's cars
- Smoking makes you ugly
- High quality action films are making a comeback
- What are the attractions in Kabini
- How are Fisher Space Pens made
- Is rhubarb sweet or sour
- What is a watermark on Instagram
- What is chutney music
- Which RPA tool supports Chrome
- Massachusetts is a beautiful place to live
- Did you know that Jesus is God
- Can You Get Penicillin Without A Prescription
- How do I go with high heels
- Can I get therapy without my parents knowing?
- How does Gatsby use Nick
- What do you personally know about exoplanets
- Rats laugh when you tickle them
- How can I import a vehicle online
- Which is better MS or ISB
- January mid-April which countries which month
- How do I get an e-signature
- Aloha POS is still in use
- When should we create a data lake
- What do you know about bioremediation