What should my WiFi password be?
Change WiFi password
How to change the WiFi password on numerous routers
Is your password for the wireless router "abc123"? With this classic among bad passwords, you shouldn't be on the go anymore. We'll show you some common router models and reveal how to change your WiFi password. In the end, you will surf more safely and never have to worry about abuse.
How do I find a secure WiFi password?
A password for wireless routers follows the same standards as any other password. The longer and more complicated it is, the harder is to crack that password. Obviously, however, you have to find a compromise: while it should be a secure password, it has to be reasonably easy to remember.
“# Ä92! Uq5KqX (2 # 4! @” Would be a fantastic password, but it would take an extreme effort to remember it.
If you want to change your WiFi password, please follow these tips:
- Choose a combination of a memorable word, a number and various special characters
- The result might be "! 19Example80 #“Read. The exclamation mark at the beginning and the hash mark at the end are likely to keep in mind. The example word may be the name of your favorite album and the two numbers are made up of your date of birth
A password of this kind could no longer be found out at a reasonable cost. It is best to choose values for the word and the number that cannot be associated with you as easily as in this example. In any case, you now have a password that you can easily remember and that is absolutely secure at the same time.
Here's how you can change your WiFi password
Ideally, you have now come up with a password that meets the security criteria mentioned. Now all you have to do is change it.
We have listed some popular router manufacturers. The different WLAN routers mostly use the same software - so it makes no difference, for example, whether you want to change your WLAN password in a Fritz! Box 7360 or 7490. The way there is the same. So even if your model isn't on this list, give it a try. Chances are, provided your device is reasonably new.
Changing the WLAN password for AVM (FRITZ! Box router)
AVM manufactures the well-known Fritz! Box devices. If you want to change the WiFi password there, proceed as follows:
- Open any internet browser and enter http://fritz.box in the address line. Have the device password ready so that you can access the user interface (it can be found on the back of the router).
- If not done automatically, update the firmware. How to get the latest operating system for your router.
- Now go to "WLAN" in the list on the left and then "Security".
- There you first set the encryption and, if available, activate WPA encryption.
- Directly below you will see the field "WLAN network key". Now enter your new password there. Finished!
Change the WLAN password on the FRITZ! Box from AVM
Change WiFi password at Speedport (Telekom)
The various Speedport routers from Telekom are also widespread in Germany, as it is the largest provider of Internet connections in this country. A Speedport router is included in the price of every contract concluded with Telekom - the distribution is correspondingly extensive. As a Speedport user, follow the instructions below:
- Open your browser and enter http: //speedport.ip as the URL. If that doesn't work, please try http://192.168.2.1. Have your device password ready.
- Depending on the model, go either to “Security” and then “SSID & Encryption” or to “Home Network”, then to “WLAN Basic Settings” and finally “Name and Encryption”.
- There you will find a field where you can change your WiFi password. For newer devices, Telekom stipulates that you use at least 18 characters as a password. So you may need to get creative.
- You should not change anything in the encryption technology, it should already be set to WPA2 or WPA2-Personal. Finished!
With these routers, too, of course, you have to set up the WiFi connection again for all connected devices.
Change WiFi password at Vodafone
Vodafone usually gives the customer the choice between a current Fritz! Box and the in-house EasyBox. Since we have already dealt with the Fritz! Box, the instructions for the various EasyBox models from the provider now follow:
- Open the internet browser and enter http://easy.box. Depending on your browser, you may also have to leave out the http: // at the beginning. Just try which way leads to success.
- In the menu on the left, after logging in, select the item "WLAN".
- Depending on the router model, you will now either see a field in which you can change the WLAN password (EasyBox 803), or you have to go to "Change key" via "Network key" (EasyBox 804).
- Enter your password there. The Vodafone software will now ask you to repeat the password. Then save your entry. Finished!
You guessed it: All WLAN devices now have to be reconnected to the router.
Change WLAN password with cer Connectbox from Unitymedia
The Connect-Box is the standard WLAN router that you can get from Unitymedia in the meantime. The cable modem is also integrated in this connect box, so that no additional cable modem is required.
- Open the internet browser and enter http://192.168.0.1. The login password can be found on the underside of the router, unless you have already changed it yourself.
- After logging in, select “WLAN” in the menu on the left, then “Security”.
- Enter your password there. The password must meet certain minimum requirements for a secure password! A display below the password field helps you enter a secure password.
Change WLAN password on the Unitymedia Connect-Box
Change WLAN password for TP-Link
Another well-known manufacturer of wireless routers is TP-Link. The manufacturer's Archer C7 is a very high-quality wireless router. It serves as an example for the following instructions, but the procedure is identical for many other models from the manufacturer:
- Open the configuration menu. To do this, enter http://tplinklogin.net in the browser. If you are asked for your username and password, enter “admin” in both fields.
- The user interface is either in English or German, depending on your device. Therefore select either “Wireless Security” or “WLAN Security” on the left.
- Select the option "WPA / WPA2" above, if you have not already done so. Select AES as "Encryption" or "Encryption".
- Enter your password directly below. TP-Link requires at least eight characters. Remember that as many special characters and numbers as possible make it much more difficult for the attackers.
- Click on "Save" or "Save" at the bottom. Finished!
Change WLAN password for TP-Link routers
TP-Link may not make it that easy for users due to the language barrier. However, this does not affect the functionality; as a rule, these are perfectly recommendable WLAN routers. Do not forgetTo re-register your existing WLAN devices on the router.
Change WiFi password at Netgear
Netgear is the last known manufacturer of reliable WLAN routers in this comparison. The company has been manufacturing high-quality devices that are also relatively popular in Germany for decades. To be able to change your WiFi password, proceed as follows:
- Enter either http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 in your browser. If both ways do not lead to success, please try http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com. Depending on your exact model, the access options also differ.
- If you are asked for a password and have never changed it yourself, enter “admin” as the name and “password” as the password.
- On the left in the menu you will find the option "WLAN settings". You may also call this setting "wireless".
- You will now find the security settings in the security options. You can also change your WiFi password there. Immediately afterwards, the connection to the wireless router will probably be disconnected, after a few minutes you can access it with your new password. Finished!
Change WLAN password for Netgear routers
Like TP-Link, Netgear is primarily a US provider. The user guidance may therefore be in English. You shouldn't get into any big problems because most of the terms are international in nature.
And the rest?
In addition to the models mentioned, there are numerous other providers such as ASUS, Linksys, Huawei and many more. If you don't have any of the wireless routers listed here, don't despair: the path is always roughly the same. Log in to the router, look for settings that have something to do with "WLAN" and "Security" and you will usually find the option to change your password there.
Change WLAN password for Asus routers
The WiFi password is the only hurdle that prevents attackers from using your WiFi router and thus mostly misusing it. The password should be correspondingly secure. Take an afternoon to change your WiFi password, and it's better to do the configuration too soon than too late. In the long term, you will be much more secure on the Internet with it.
- What are the best wedding planning apps
- What is float in c ++
- How can I learn my topics quickly
- What is the name of a doctor
- Has Haskell references like OCaml
- Why do people get platinum dental implants
- Did your ancestors immigrate legally?
- How to use Bleedstop
- What is 9 + B.
- Could spirits be extraterrestrials
- How to become a DEA agent
- Great Britain likes the US
- How much does an ecstasy pill cost
- What are the key concepts of personality
- What bigger animals do rabbits eat
- Do you like Battle Rap
- How is NIE College Mysore in civilian clothes
- You can make 21 million mining Ethereum
- How do I safely experiment with malware
- Why has Trump imposed the embargo on Cuba again?
- Are debit card numbers unique
- How can excess divergence be treated?
- Some teachers are unsuitable
- What is a logic class