What is abolitionism
Part of speech: noun, (male)Hyphenation:
- Abo | li | ti | o | nist, Plural: Abo | li | ti | o | nis | ten
- IPA: [aboliʦi̯oˈnɪst]
- 1) Person who works for the abolition of slavery
- borrowed from english abolitionist
- 1) “What emerges from the few reports on the Middle Passage, some of them from commanders of slave ships who tried to justify trade with the blacks, or from Abolitionistswhich were intended to upset the public against this type of business is that there was general agreement as to how slaves should ideally be treated so that they could be delivered alive in the New World ”
- 1) “The merchants of Ouidah, however, are frightened by the struggle of the Abolitionists initially not off. "
- Nominative: singular Abolitionist; Plural Abolitionists
- Genitive: singular Abolitionists; Plural Abolitionists
- Dative: singular Abolitionists; Plural Abolitionists
- Accusative: singular Abolitionists; Plural Abolitionists
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„In this he plays one Abolitionistswho fought against slavery in the 19th century.“
Serienjunkies.de, March 11, 2019
„He wanted a daring plan Abolitionist John Brown destroyed the planters of the US southern states in 1859. To arm the black slaves, he raided an army arsenal. He failed - and became a martyr.“
Welt.de, October 16, 2019
„In the city of Rochester, New York state, unknown people have found a statue of the man who escaped from slavery Abolitionists Frederick Douglass overturned and damaged, writes the Washington Examiner.“
Sputnik Germany, July 06, 2020
„The shocking images are meant to be the fight of the Abolitionists for the abolition of slavery.“
stern.de, June 16, 2020
„Made with fabrics like this Abolitionists, Opponents of slavery, draws attention to the inhumane fate of the slaves. 'La traite des negres' fabric, around 1820, probably Manufacture Girard Deville-les-Rouen (detail).“
Watson, September 28, 2019
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Entries from our dictionary containing "abolitionist":
abolicjonista: ... Meaning of the word / definition: 1) someone who is in favor of the abolition of a punishment: opponent of criminal law, abolitionist 2) historical: abolitionist, opponent of slavery General terms: ...
Rhyme: German: -ɪst: ... saxophonist saxophonist shorthand typist telephone operator telegraphist telegraphist five-syllable abolitionist automaker daguerreotypist fundamentalist instrumentalist ...
Abolitionists:… IPA: [aboliʦi̯oˈnɪstn̩] Grammatical features: Genitive singular of the noun Abolitionist Dative singular of the noun Abolitionist Accusative singular des…
abolicionists: Hyphenation: abo | li | cio | nists, plural: abo | li | cio | nis | ti Word meaning / definition: 1) Abolitionist Feminine forms: 1) abolicioniste diminutive: 1) abolicionistiņš Translations German: 1) Abolitionist English: 1) abolitionist
abolicionista:… (Male) Hyphenation: a | bo | li | cio | nis | ta, plural: a | bo | li | cio | nis | tas Word meaning / definition: 1) an opponent of slavery Translations German: 1) ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Abolitionist" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 24th, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Abolitionist/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. Write a usage hint or an example and help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Abolitionists (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Abo | li | ti | o | nis | ten Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Abomey (French) part of speech: noun, part of speech: toponym cases: singular Abomey, plural - hyphenation: Abo | mey, ...
Abondance (French) part of speech: noun, part of speech: toponym cases: singular, abondance, plural - hyphenation: ...
subscription (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular subscription; Majority 1 subscriptions; Majority 2 ...
Subscriptions (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Abon | ne | men | te Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: [abəˈnəˈmɛnt…]…
Subscriptions (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Abon | ne | men | ten Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Subscription price (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular subscription price; Majority of subscription prices ...
Subscription pricing (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Dative singular: Subscription price Hyphenation: ...
- What does bluethroat mean
- Why can't a superhero be selfish
- How effective are search bots
- Offers Google Fi streaming for free
- What are the powers of Bucky Barnes
- Which celebrity has the best legs
- Are Skechers good for over-pronounced feet
- Do you know some of the advantages of the performance management system?
- How many people love to cook
- What is a geologist's dream honeymoon
- Aren't there racist conservatives
- How were old loaves
- Is Instagram a bigger platform than YouTube
- How is the ICC cricket ranking decided
- Hillary Clinton's email server was hacked
- Black shoes are compulsory for the SSB
- How long can rabies survive on tires
- Taleo has a mobile friendly website
- What lights are usually used at events
- Did pre-industrial societies organize crime?
- How can I turn off Google Chrome notifications
- Why is Supernatural no longer doing ghost episodes
- The iron trade pays off
- How do human rights threaten common law?