What is a barn quilt
Insulate the barn ceiling
In a part of our barn where there was a lot of water damage, the ceiling is now to be insulated.
So construction: ground floor, 1st false ceiling barn, then another false ceiling and the roof. The first false ceiling should now be insulated from below or above, below is our boiler room, storage room, guest toilet.
How do I insulate simply and correctly?
How properly insulated (heat?) depends on the use of the rooms and the structure of the ceilings.
A few more pieces of information are necessary for usable answers.
Greetings from Schönebeck
The ceiling is made of wooden boards that lie on the old half-timbered beams, nothing more. The space below was previously used as a bathroom, but in the future this will be the heating, storage room, study and guest toilet.
It is mainly about the thermal insulation of the room upwards. Because the room above the ceiling still belongs to the old barn and is therefore not heated or insulated. So the room on the ground floor then belongs to the living room with heating and above it belongs to the barn.
Then the simplest and best would be to insulate from the cold side, i.e. on the barn floor.
Greetings from Schönebeck
a boiler room should meet certain fire protection requirements, right?
So plank / plaster the boiler room ceiling in a fire-proof manner (if not already done), pick up the boards from above and insert insulation material between the beams (hemp, cellulose, perlite etc.), put boards back on. Depending on the type of insulation, there is also a trickle protection in between.
This is the ceiling from below, so in between now the insulation material, then the vapor barrier (you can, right?) And then the fireproof plancken (what does that mean?)
Thank you Bebs
With my proposal, the beams are changeable because they are covered by the panels (= beautiful straight ceiling).
If you have low ceilings anyway and want to leave the beams visible, then pack the insulation onto the boards from above, as Oliver said. Is then just nothing with fire protection .... and above only limited usable.
As long as all the components are open to diffusion, you don't need a vapor barrier here.
P.S. Nice electrics by the way ... ;-)
For example, the following structure would be possible:
Fermacell or Stauss facade fabric
Vapor barrier / windbreak paper
Clay wood chip insulation / Thermofill S
- How does every MBTI deal with authority?
- Who brought Haku back in Naruto
- Visible light, shadows have a height
- Which course is the best for IEM
- What's the best porn for iPad
- Can a schizophrenic hear his own voice?
- Is YouTube detrimental
- Are debit card numbers unique
- Did someone survive a terrorist attack?
- What is Scotland's Ethnic Composition
- What are the gonadal glandular hormones
- Is accounting a good subject?
- How often do you blush
- How is the NIT Rourkela swimming pool
- Are babies operated on without anesthesia
- How can Ghost Rider beat Flash
- What is a government of the political republic
- How do I run a service station
- Computer Engg video lecture
- What are the synonyms for blunt
- Serotonin Makes You Smarter
- Do you like Nowhere Man song
- What is Arcane Network
- A common family system is good