How many languages are there in Dubai
The 7 Emirates
The country United Arab Emirates (UAE) is made up of7 Emirates: Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ra’s al-Khaimah, Ajman, Fujairah, Umm al-Qaiwain.
Thetwo main emirates are Abu Dhabi with the capital of the country UAE Abu Dhabi City and the emirate of Dubai. Most of the tourists come to Dubai and make day trips to Abu Dhabi and other emirates. All 7 emirates have a coast by the sea. All except Fundschaira are on the Persian Gulf, Fundschaira has only one coast with beautiful beaches on the Gulf of Oman.
Population: The United Arab Emirates has a total of around 4.2 million inhabitants. Here too, Abu Dhabi (around 1.4 million inhabitants) and Dubai (population around 1.3 million) dominate. Around 90% of the population are foreigners, around half of them from India. Other important countries of origin are: Egypt, Bangladesh, Pakistan and the Philippines. There are also around 100,000 people from western countries who live in the UAE, just under 10,000 of whom are from Germany.
Size: The state of the UAE has an area of 77,700 square kilometers and is therefore about the size of Bavaria. 67,000 km² are in Abu Dhabi, so all the other 6 emirates together only have an area of 10,000 km². Dubai has around 3900 km², making it the second largest emirate, albeit around 17 times smaller than Abu Dhabi. Large parts of the country are uninhabited desert, only about 1 percent of the country UAE is populated.
Neighbore states:The UAE has 2 neighboring countries, Saudi Arabia and Oman.
Language UAE: Arabic, however, many street signs etc. are bilingual Arabic and English. Many people speak Arabic and English.
Economy: The United Arab Emirates have a significantly higher per capita income than Germany. The country lives mainly from the export of oil, but also increasingly from trade and tourism. There is full employment.
Airports: There are around 9 airports, Dubai Airport is the third largest in the world. Etihad Airways and Emirates are the two domestic airlines.
Rail transport: A national rail network connecting all 7 emirates is currently being built. In Dubai there is a metro (2 lines) and, for some years now, a tram (tram).
Streets: The network of trunk roads is now well developed, there are also many motorways and expressways. There are lots of traffic jams around Dubai City in particular, although some of the important roads there have more than 10 lanes.
Book a complete trip to Dubai
Our favorite site for booking a package tour to Dubai (flight and accommodation) is Check24. Nowhere else are there so many extremely cheap offers for trips to Dubai: The selection of hotels, guest houses and holiday apartments is gigantic Click here
Important tip: buy tickets for Dubai beforehand
Some entrance tickets for Dubai should be bought in advance. Some tickets are only available in limited numbers (often sold out), with other attractions you have to queue for a long time without a ticket in Dubai. You can also book great trips to the desert and other emirates on the Internet.We recommend the following tickets:
- Take the elevator to the highest building in the world (Burj Khalifa): More information and booking
- Dubai Frame Ticket for less than 15 euros: More information and booking
- Excursion in the desert, a must for every visitor to Dubai: More information and booking
- Great city tour Dubai (duration 4 hours): More information and booking
- Excursion to Abu Dhabi: More information and booking
Residents Dubai: 1.3 million, almost all of them live in the capital Dubai City.
Size Dubai: 3885 km², so Dubai is slightly larger than the Saarland or 4 times as large as Berlin.
Language: The official language is Arabic, English is understood by a large number of residents.
More great sights Dubai
You should also buy tickets for other attractions and tours in Dubai in advance on the Internet. It is difficult to find the right agency on site, there are often long queues or the tours are sold out.
1. Wild Wadi water park: Right in Dubai, not far from the best hotel in the world, the Burj al Arab. One of the best water parks in the world. There are far more than just pools and slides, there are more than 30 major attractions in total, such as rides. The Wild Wadi Waterpark is a must-see!>>> More information and booking
2. Aquaventure Waterpark: Not far from the Wild Wadi water park on the gigantic, man-made island of Palm. One of the largest water parks in the world. Lots of rides, other attractions, gigantic slides, beach and animals like sharks. You should definitely visit the Aquaventure water park if you go to Dubai.>>> More information and booking
3. Dubai city tour: From our point of view the best city tour in Dubai. With hotel pick-up, all major Dubai attractions. Daily mornings and afternoons.>>> More information and booking
4. Dubai boat tour: A great boat tour with sights of Dubai such as Palm Jumeirah, Hotel Burj Al Arab and Marina Dubai:>>> More information and booking
German version of this articule
Bus Tour Delphi (from Athens, Day Tour)
- Is the sky the limit 1
- Are planets visible at night
- How many states can non-Americans name
- What are home improvement loans
- How do muscles react to static exercises
- How does cyanide affect the human body
- Are sea bass good to eat
- What are the steps of general advice
- How can I translate my Instapage site
- What is a Petri net
- How were galley slaves treated
- What is nature's cruelest mistake
- What is the perfect time for meditation
- What penalty under ipc
- What produces black swans
- Can you name human rights
- What does multiple bet mean?
- Posted by Tom Waits Last Chance Texaco
- What was the original name of Jesus?
- People eat rooster meat
- How can I get my deleted photos?
- Schools should consider promoting college alternatives
- For which types of business are e-signatures required?
- How do people encounter winter in Finland