Can VFD increase torque
Can I drive a three-phase induction motor using this method?
Over the past 25 years there has been a tremendous amount of evolution and technology invested in controlling 3-phase frequency converters. Discussing details of how to do this with a new method or better is beyond the scope of such a forum, but would be a good basis for a PhD thesis.
A good starting point for your study is to control the vector mode. This is usually one of three standard modes a standard VFD drive can run in.
Constant torque is a standard mode in most VFDs - BUT when you are talking about a 50 or 60 Hz motor - why go for 100 Hz unless you had a reduction in torque demand in your 60 Hz range up to 100 Hz. In my experience, every 3-phase motor with a base speed of 60 Hz has a reduction in torque for speeds above 60 Hz.
You should also read and study the pull-up torque curve which has been a staple of engine theory and engine manuals for 75 years. When you know exactly how vector control modes manipulate this torque curve at different speeds, you have a foundation to start with.
The speed of an induction motor can only be controlled by changing the synchronous speed by changing the frequency of the power supplied or by changing the motor slip. The method you described is a means of changing the motor slip. Most of the heat generated in an induction motor is heat generated due to slippage in the rotor. The heat generated in the rotor is the percentage slip multiplied by the power transferred from the stator to the rotor. This is why the speed control with this method has limited uses, mainly for controlling the speed of small fans.
This is illustrated and explained in my answer to: This question
- Are digital billboards a good investment
- What is the name of a leg doctor
- Why are asynchronous inputs called override inputs
- When did Muslims conquer Rome?
- Do animals have spiritual thinking
- Elvis Presley is the best singer
- Is it possible to live by philosophy?
- What is cluster 4
- What are cute names for a rabbit
- What is magnetic induction
- What are tariff quotas and subsidies
- A freeloader is not a friend
- Why are there dugouts underground?
- What is the Jio effect for YouTube users
- Who is the best andrologist in Pune
- Why should anyone like Chandigarh City
- How does identity theft work
- What is attachment
- Cnidarians have radial symmetry
- Is fire real
- How long has marijuana been grown?
- What is Gaensebluemchen Destruction no pictures please
- What qualities help you trust someone
- What is the side effect of dapoxetine
- What is MFCC in Speech Recognition
- How Serious Should I Do a Colonoscopy?
- What does pap on ask fm
- You miss opportunities
- Do ketogenic supplements work?
- Is anything possible
- How do you keep your knees strong
- Always smiles crazy
- Who sent them to Interstellar