What buds what are some examples
It's budding ... in November?
At first glance I see different things at the moment: dirty weather, it's wet, cold and stormy, I see rain-soaked leaves and gray skies, in the morning it hardly gets light and in the evening it gets dark again much too early.
It is budding, it says in a poem by Hilde Domin:
It buds under the leaves
that's what they call autumn.
Indeed: it is budding! Not noticeable at first glance, but I can see it on a walk. If I get very close to a tree and look closely, I find small green tips, often hidden under leaves and barely pronounced, but they are there. It is budding! The dark autumn does not remain without promise for the next spring.
It's budding ... in our church?
Here, too, it looks autumnal at first glance: Only 10% of the parishioners consider regular attendance of church services to be important and the vast majority do not take part in parish life. Savings have to be made in every nook and cranny, the federal states are canceling necessary subsidies, entire work areas have to be closed.
And yet: it is budding! Even in the church it is often barely noticeable at first glance. But this result can also be found in the new EKD membership study: “There are even some signs of slightly increased commitment.” I see such signs in various areas of volunteering.
There is a project in Düsseldorf with the beautiful title “Culture on Wheels”. In this project, volunteers “pack” a suitcase on a specific topic, such as “Fashion through the Ages” or “Opera on Wheels”. With their suitcases, they bring culture right into the house, analogous to “meals on wheels”.
Another area is hospice work. There are now 40,000 people doing voluntary work in terminal care. A 34-year-old policewoman, for example, wants to help people for whom there is never time on duty, namely the grieving relatives. Two examples of many that can be found in our church.
It is budding under the leaves!
Our church does not remain without promise either.
Vice President Petra Bosse-Huber
Where do you see buds in our church? Send us your opinion!
Vice President Petra Bosse-Huber / November 5th, 2003
Note: This is an archived article from Wednesday, November 5, 2003. The last update took place on Wednesday, November 5, 2003. In principle, we do not change archive articles, individual information and links may be out of date.
- What do i need for kayaking
- What is Nyquist Bit Rate 1
- There are chat groups about digital currency
- Why is there no Quora page?
- What are emphatic pronouns
- Is it possible to generate energy over long distances
- When should a company use LIFO
- Which crypto exchange price will increase in 2019?
- Who arranged Pentatonix's Daft Punk Medley
- How can Florentino Perez be dismissed
- Is iMessage a platform
- What is the Greek word for country
- Which Guinness beer is the original
- How do you win at Roulette 1
- Why do many people like black clothes?
- Has made AICTE GATE compulsory
- Become researchers to teachers
- What does YDS stand for in football
- How many dragons were there ever in Westeros?
- Why should one have good communication skills
- Where can I sell video games online
- Pets really understand their name
- How does TiVo work
- Is Angular better than PHP
- Do people really have their origins in Asia?
- Kenya How big is the Kenyan diaspora
- What is CPM on Facebook
- Will bank drafts ever be out of date?
- Who was the most conservative US president
- Which apps are there for private SMS?
- Which virtual assistant company offers PR management?
- Is organic coffee less acidic
- All Orthodox speak Yiddish these days