Ag Barr destroys the DOJ
USA - balance sheet
The Bush administration's restriction of personal libertiesOn September 11, 2001, America's sense of security collapsed with the twin towers of the World Trade Center. The passage of the USA Patriot Act resulted in massive restrictions on civil rights.
The terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 shook the foundation of the free democratic basic order of the United States: the basic trust of the Americans in their own strength. As a result, the state was assigned a special protective function and thus the task of protecting the "homeland" - also at the price of restricting individual rights, the so-called "civil liberties" .
The following is intended to illustrate the extent to which the attacks of September 11, 2001 traumatized and changed the society of the United States. Only against this background - this understanding of the feeling of vulnerability and the national threat - can one understand the confidence of the Americans in the protective function of their government, especially in the authority of the President as Supreme Commander. According to President George W. Bush, only vigorous action abroad and increased vigilance at home will provide security from further attacks on the American "homeland".
This "war on terrorism" also causes domestic "collateral damage". Preventing future terrorist attacks often comes at the expense of individual freedom. Even more: The so-called "Ashcroft Doctrine" of prevention threatens to undermine the fundamental safeguarding of personal freedom rights through the system of mutually controlling powers.
Once again in American history, external threats have shifted the power balance of these competing branches of government in favor of executive power. In this respect, the Congress has a special responsibility - especially since, as previous experience has shown, judicial control in times of war is rather weak. By exercising its communication and control functions, the legislature can ensure that, even in times of national uncertainty, individual freedoms are not unduly restricted by referring to the collective need for protection.
- Money can buy you sleep
- Why do brokers give us leverage
- Is communism legal in India
- How can I be more heartless
- What is a terrain in Google Maps
- What if Hitler defeated Russia and England?
- Musical instruments were invented in Australia
- Where to Buy Local Groceries in Bangkok
- What career can I have in microbiology
- Can you tell me something about quantum physics?
- When do you use the symbol for the number
- Cats are more picky eaters than dogs
- What makes TV coverage convincing
- How effective is gabapentin in treating sciatica
- Any upsc aspirants here
- What is school not teaching children
- How do some prominent men treat women
- How should one interweave fantasy with reality?
- You can change a flat tire
- How gypsy moths kill trees
- This is how Voyager Mobile US MVNO works
- Everything is good or bad
- Do people still have pianos
- Does advertising really work in Google AdWords