How do I make paneer butter
[Indian week] Paneer Makhani - Indian cheese in a tomato and butter sauce
Yes i love this Tomato saucethat on Butter Chicken is your turn. So it was obvious, this one Makhani sauce sometimes to the Indian cheese called Paneer to try out. In addition, the cookbook was "Cinnamon Kitchen"* By Vivek Singh - a great book - also on the pile next to the couch and the paneer bought at the weekend in the fridge.
By the way, I don't make paneer myself, but bring it with me on my forays through the Asian and Indian stores in Düsseldorf. Chilled and keeps for a long time. Of course you can also make it yourself, I did that once at the very beginning of my love for Indian cuisine and it failed terribly. But I'll try again soon and then report back to you.
As with the butter chicken, the paneer is also marinated here, but for a short time and you can make the sauce during the process. In about 45 minutes you will have a great Indian dish on the table.
The food becomes quite spicy if you use good Indian green chillies, those are the small, mean ones that you get at the Indian grocery store. I wouldn't leave them out, rather replace them with larger and milder ones, because it's also about the fresh, somewhat bitter taste that green chilies bring with them.
The spicy and fruity sauce Of course, gets the right spin with the dried fenugreek green, the Indian calls it Kasuri Methi, you can buy it in the Indian store or just order it online *. Leaving it out is not bad either, it just tastes different, certainly not worse.
The beautiful red color also through Kashmiri chillies, which are popular in India when dried and ground to make red dishes shine. You can also get this at the Indian shop or online *, usually the package says Kashmiri Mirch. It's worth having this chili powder at home if you have the occasional Indian cooking. It is also not so spicy like many others that you get from Asians or Indians.
But you can also use other chilli powder 😉
You can do this great Naan or Chapatis eat or cooked Basmati with a little ghee.
- 350 g paneer, in nice pieces, round slices or as here as triangles
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- Puree ½ tbsp ginger paste or the corresponding amount yourself
- Puree ½ tbsp garlic paste or the corresponding amount yourself
- ¾ teaspoon cumin seeds, ground
- 125 g yogurt (the fatter the better)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ lemon, juice from it
- 6 very ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 bay leaf, if possible Indian bay leaf
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2.5 cm ginger, half finely chopped
- 2 cloves
- 2 cardamom pods
- 125 ml of water
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 30 g butter
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ½ teaspoon Kasuri Methi (dried fenugreek green or omit)
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tbsp coriander greens, chopped
- Marinade - mix all ingredients together, add pane pieces and mix well. Put on skewers (Tina - omitted) and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Sauce - put tomatoes, bay leaves, garlic, piece of ginger, cloves, cardamom and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes until the tomatoes have crumbled, then remove the bay leaves, puree with a hand blender and strain through a sieve. Bring the sauce back to the boil, add the chili powder and simmer on a low heat for 6 minutes until it is slightly thick. Add butter and green chillies and simmer gently for 6 minutes while stirring, then stir in the chopped ginger and cream. Simmer, stirring, until the sauce is thick and shiny. Season with salt and sugar and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Paneer - Grill the paneer on a grill or in a grill pan for 4-5 minutes on each side. Then serve with the sauce.
* Affiliate link
- How are drugs regulated
- What is the offer of security tokens
- Is anyone else convinced that aliens are real?
- Does the 3D printer print electronics
- Is there an identification that identifies Maurer
- Makes the auto-tuning sound better
- How and when was the skateboard invented
- Which cyclone is coming today
- Being bipolar can lead to compulsive lying
- What is your picture of god
- What does imply mean
- What is the latest definition of atom
- Can a communist country be rich
- What are the different types of jazz
- How do you stand up for the government
- What is a radial tire
- What makes intimacy easy
- HISTORY was made out of Howdy Modes
- What food represents Tampa best
- Quack male or female ducks
- Can be cleaned Varanasi
- Can we see music
- How did society become so toxic
- Who is the fastest keyboard player in the world