Why is alternating current measured in tons
Measure AC voltage and AC current
With alternating current and alternating voltage, one speaks of electrical quantities, the values of which repeat themselves regularly over time. Analog measuring instruments are only able to measure the value of the real signal curve to a limited extent. Instead, a math value is displayed. The so-called mean values:
- Arithmetic mean
- Square mean value (effective value of the alternating voltage)
A moving-coil instrument adds up the arithmetic mean value in the DC range for each applied pulse. Moving coil instruments therefore show the direct current component with mixed voltages!
The arithmetic mean results from the voltage û, the pulse duration ti and the period Τ.
RMS value / root mean square
The rms value is a root mean square!
Moving coil instruments only determine arithmetic mean values in the AC range. However, the scale is provided with the numbers of the root mean square.
Other related topics:
Electronics simple and easy to understand
The electronics primer is a book about the basics of electronics, components, circuit technology and digital technology.
I want that!
Experience electronics with the "Starter Edition" electronics set
Perfect for beginners and newcomers
- Entry into electronics without prior knowledge
- Quick understanding of components and circuit symbols
- Experiment without a soldering iron: just insert components
More information Order the electronics set now
- How do you stay thrifty
- What's the catch with free copyright law
- What are the biblical borders of Israel
- Can you correct my sentence
- What is an MSRL pipe
- 221g is known as administrative processing
- What is IP Tagging
- When time changes, people can change accordingly
- What is the best travel phone
- Will replace Microsoft Terminal PowerShell
- What cars does Danny Koker own
- Do people like to smell like hockey
- Ant Man 2015 film What is Vistacorp
- What is the need for water purification
- How to write a good profile
- What connection has cis-trans and enantiomers
- The Protestant Reformation was a social movement
- Are alligators real
- What is your favorite activity abroad?
- When and how did Frank McCourt die
- How do you convert ml to kg?
- What about Chicago that disappointed you the most
- What is biophysics
- Can animals be used as witnesses?