What's new in corporate training
Future, success, responsibility - all of this means training. Find out more about the qualification of junior employees here.
If you offer apprenticeships, you will secure long-term qualified employees. In view of the shortage of skilled workers that already exists in various industries, you are investing in the continued existence of your company. In this way, you also receive specialists who know exactly all the work processes in your company. This means that you have less effort than if you had to recruit and train external workers.
Training is certainly associated with a certain amount of time and effort. And as a training company, you also have certain obligations. However, the investment pays off.
As a company providing training, you take on responsibility. And you give the often young applicants a perspective. In this way you make a valuable contribution to the future of our society.
Further information on training can be found in the brochure Securing the Future. Enable training.
The largest group are the in-company (dual) training The practical part of the training takes place in the company, the theoretical part at the vocational school. Most of the time, the trainees work three to four days a week and the rest of the time at the vocational school. The duration of the training is two to three and a half years, depending on the profession. You can find out more about the requirements and legal provisions for dual training on the page Your duties as a training company.
Instead of regular training, young people with disabilities can take part in a Specialist practitioner training complete. You can find more information on this under the question “How does the specialist practical training for people with disabilities work?”.
In addition to dual training, there are other types of training in Germany. So there is, among other things, the possibility of a school-based vocational training close. This group includes, for example:
- Chemical-technical assistants
- Foreign language correspondents
- Pharmaceutical-technical assistants
The Duration of training is usually two to three years, depending on the profession. During this time, the students often also complete practical phases in companies. With such an internship, the young people get to know the practical parts of the job - and you, as an entrepreneur, may get to know the skilled workers of tomorrow.
Further opportunities for vocational training include, for example dual courses of study and training for people over the age of 18, which are not subject to the Vocational Training Act. These are often referred to as high school graduation courses. One example of this is training to become a pilot. The dual courses of study are courses at universities or vocational academies with integrated vocational training or practical phases. The practical relevance is therefore higher than in classic courses. The two learning locations university or academy and company are also characteristic of dual study programs.
Dual training can be carried out in different forms. An alternative form of implementation is available if there are operational reasons for this or the trainee would otherwise not be able to complete the training.
- Training in a cooperative company: You cooperate with a training provider such as a specialist academy or training center. The training provider partly takes on the supervision and processing as well as the theoretical training. He also takes over some of the financing. The competent chamber decides whether you can become a cooperation company. This form of training is also suitable for special groups of people such as young people with learning difficulties.
- Training in association: With this form, you work with a so-called parent company. The parent company concludes the training contract. This can be a company or a training association. Depending on the exact model, the trainee works in phases for the network partners. The costs and the organizational effort are usually spread over several shoulders.
- Part-time training: The daily or weekly training time is shortened. This can be requested by trainees, for example, when children need to be looked after. For you as a company, however, this can also have advantages. Because the total duration of the training can be extended as a result.
- Inter-company training: As part of in-company training, there is also the option of sending the trainees to courses. This makes sense if certain content cannot be conveyed in the company - for example because the necessary machines are missing. The courses, lasting several weeks, take place in the workshops of the chambers and guilds. The training company bears the costs. However, there are grants for this. In many skilled trades, cross-company training is an integral part.
Part-time vocational training offers you the Opportunity to attract or retain young talent. Dropping out of training, for example with young mothers, can be avoided: The part-time training enables the trainees to better manage their specific situation.
A win-win situation for both: On the one hand, young part-time trainees whose circumstances do not permit full-time training are often particularly reliable, motivated and independent. On the other hand, your company is becoming more attractive for young professionals and benefits from a social and family-friendly image. In addition, part-time training offers more flexibility, for example to support trainees with poor grades with special offers of help.
This is how part-time vocational training works
The training company and the trainees agree on the Shortening the daily or weekly training times in the vocational training contract by a maximum of 50 percent. This ensures that the part-time trainees can still familiarize themselves realistically with the essential operational processes. The duration of the training is extended to the same extent as the agreed reduction, but to a maximum of one and a half times according to the training ordinance.
Customize that Training plan to the part-time model. Apply for Together with your trainee you will die Part-time vocational training at the body responsible under the Vocational Training Act, for example at the Chamber of Crafts. When planning, take into account that vocational school lessons are usually full-time and are not shortened.
Part-time trainees - just like full-time trainees - are entitled to appropriate training remuneration. The remuneration is based on the reduced training times in the company and is accordingly lower than usual for full-time employees. In practice, however, an unreduced training allowance is often agreed.
Your local employer service will be happy to help you find trainees and provide further information on part-time vocational training:
0800 4 555520 (free of charge) Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Finding the right candidates for an apprenticeship position is not always easy. Every company has an idea of what its "dream applicant" should be like. Many young people do not quite fit this picture. Of course, certain knowledge and behaviors are essential. Experience has shown, however, that motivation is one of the most important factors.
Your employer service will be happy to help you Finding suitable applicants: Find out how you can use the employer service to search for apprentices.
In the applicant exchange you can View profiles of potential trainees and get in touch with them. Enter the job in which you want to train and the location in the search. Activate the "Apprentices" filter for the search result.
Young people who cannot do regular training because of their disabilities can do one Specialist practitioner training complete. The required aptitude test is carried out by the specialist services of the Employment Agency.
Specialist practitioner training is a training within the Vocational Training Act (BBiG) or the Crafts Code (HwO), which enables subsequent employment on the primary labor market. The Training content is based on those recognized training occupations. The difference to regular training: In specialist practitioner training, for example Subject-specific content is weighted more heavily while the specialist theory is reduced. The training usually lasts 2 to 3 years.
The young person with disabilities or their legal representative must apply to the competent authority (chamber) for training as a specialist. The apprenticeship position must already be secure at this point. The final examination is taken in front of the competent body (chamber).
In order to be able to train in such a profession, they need Trainers of the training company Additional qualification in rehabilitation pedagogy for trainers (ReZA).
You can find more information on this in the flyer for additional rehabilitation pedagogical qualifications for trainers (ReZA).
If you are suitable, it is possible to transition from an existing specialist internship to an apprenticeship in accordance with the regular training regulations.
For more information, please contact the career counseling for people with disabilities in the vocational rehabilitation and participation team at the Employment Agency. You can reach them via our Employer service - You will find the contact details at the end of this page.
In general, the various local chambers are the point of contact for vocational training. There are these chambers:
The chambers check the suitability of a company for vocational training. And they take the exams for the recognized training occupations.
- Can decrease at any age
- What stores sell beer in Idaho
- How does the speed of speech affect communication
- What is the density of the foam
- What is the famous food of Moscow
- What is the meaning of OTP SMS
- What kind of organism is a heterotroph
- How can I become a Jedi Knight
- What are the Android secret codes
- How often does the rising sign change?
- What are some examples of saturated solutions
- What is meant by healing
- What does a shaffle hand card mean
- What can I use to waterproof canvas
- How do you break into UX
- Can I refinance a HELOC?
- What is temporary
- What is the name of a leg doctor
- How to say ice cream in Japanese
- Can one person make a TV monitor
- Can you correct this short text?
- How do people find referees
- How does Arjun love Karna's wife
- Will you miss Ford sedans
- How is education in Brazil
- Who do human rights lawyers help
- What is the Wilson Theorem
- Is surrogacy legal in New Zealand
- Why is the wind faster at higher altitudes
- Which is better emperor or aetna
- Will Amazon ever dominate Apple?
- What is the full form of TT
- 12 What is the social security program
- What is extraterrestrial life