Why do you often sit at home
5 signs a cat is lonely
Cats have long been considered lonerthat can get by on their own without any problems and are neither dependent on humans nor on conspecifics. This myth arose primarily from the fact that cats hunt alone and not in packs. No wonder if you look at the cat's range of prey: Cats are stalkers, they approach their prey silently and then strike at lightning speed. If a pack of five to six cats approached a mouse, it would notice the threat much more quickly.
Yet cats are very social beings. However, this does not mean that every cat that is kept alone has a terrible longing for a conspecific. If the cat has made natural contact with people in the first few months of its life, its need for social contact can also emerge later enough care, attention and preoccupation with their people be compensated. However, not all cats get enough attention. You suffer from Boredom and loneliness and develop problematic behavior patterns over time, which are often only discovered far too late by the owner. Indoor cats are particularly affected.
5 typical signs that the cat is lonely
Cats show your loneliness at all different kind. Pay close attention to your cat's behavior and always take changes in behavior seriously. Veterinarians can health problems for behavioral problems rule out and give good advice for improvement in posture. These five behaviors can indicate that your cat is lonely and should definitely be taken seriously.
Sign 1: hyperactivity
Acts the cat constantly restless, rushed and just cannot find peace? This could be a sign that she is lonely and bored. Cats that have spent their lives outdoors and are then "converted" into pure indoor cats so often show their displeasure. Of course, age also influences the cat's urge to move. Young cats in particular still have a lot of energy, they romp around and play very exuberantly and wild. Also an overactive thyroid or that Rolling skin syndrome could be the trigger for the cat's hyperactivity.
Sign 2: aggression
Does the cat suddenly start attacking people when they come home or want to leave the house? Does she start scratching furniture and walls despite suitable scratching offers? Does she seem angry and start destroying things? All of these could be signs that the Cat lonely and bored is. An aggressive cat should always be examined by a veterinarian, as well Pain, parasites, or tumors be responsible for sudden aggression. Changes in the cat's living environment can also trigger aggressive behavior.
Sign 3: depression
Cats spend many hours sleeping or dozing. During this time, they recharge their forces in order to be in top shape when they are awake. If your cat becomes very calm, sleeps unusually much, no longer or hardly plays, appears listless and disinterested, it can be that she feels lonely and bored and a real one depression has developed.
Cats in this condition often eat less and neglect their grooming. Such changes in behavior must be taken seriously in any case. A veterinarian should be possible physical causes and finally everything should be done in everyday life to give the cat joy and interest in life again.
Sign 4: Extreme attachment
A cat that feels very lonely will give everything for its human being during the time that its human is at home attention to draw on. The cat is constantly stroking its human around the legs, never letting it out of its sight for a second, it even leaves its feeding place when its human leaves the room.
If your person then leaves the house or is sleeping, the cat likes to go through it loud meowing attentive to himself, he returns, she reacts insulted to aggressive before she besieges him again. If a cat is so attached to its human, it is very harmful to the cat's health in the long run and nerve-wracking for humans.
Sign 5: Uncleanliness
If the cat refuses to go to its litter box, it is important to take countermeasures quickly. First, it is important to ensure that the litter box meets the cat's needs. There is often one behind sudden uncleanliness physical cause (for example, a cystitis) that needs urgent veterinary treatment.
In addition, the odor of cat urine should be removed at the site of the mishap. In addition to physical reasons, uncleanliness can also have psychological triggers. Stress, depression, anxiety, boredom, and loneliness can cause uncleanliness. It is important to remedy this quickly. The cat must never be punished for refusing to use the toilet. She doesn't do this to upset her human.
8 tips to stop cats from feeling lonely
If the cat is often alone or is already showing the first signs of loneliness, it is necessary to take remedial action as soon as possible. First, consider your cat's basic living conditions. Next to one thorough health check-up at the vet The following suggestions can serve to offer the cat a healthier and happier life in the future:
- A sufficiently large scratching post, catwalks in height, enough opportunities for climbing, jumping and hiding.
- A new world: The possibility of secure outdoor access (offer a secured balcony / window so that the cat can observe the exciting outside world and get more sensory impressions.)
- Fragrance stimulation by a small one Cat fragrance garden create (with cat gamander, catnip, valerian).
- The cat pay more attention (short but regular games, petting, clicker training, employment opportunities).
- Think about getting a suitable conspecific.
- Foraging games Introduce (e.g. do not offer dry food in a bowl, but in fiddly pillows or intelligence toys).
- The cat do not leave them alone in a sterile, tidy apartment. Cats love a bit of "chaos" - so just leave the sweater that was worn the day before on the floor or lay it over a chair to create a cave.
- Bring exciting objects from nature (Feathers, pine cones, chestnuts, stones, leaves, roots, hay, moss, driftwood).
Buying a second cat can also be a solution. But that has to be considered carefully! There should be no jealousy between cats.
- Who played the boy in kung fu
- Why ask a question
- What is a pathological personality trait
- What is a zoid in a geometry
- Has Haskell references like OCaml
- Why is information sometimes referred to as intelligence
- What does ESR 64
- What makes the Forgotten Realms forget
- What are some everyday Korean phrases
- Why does Nutella taste like chocolate
- Is Ello a possible threat to Facebook?
- What tools do you use for management
- What is the value of cassettes
- Which god has the name Vikrami
- Why is this code wrong
- What causes phobia of small spaces
- What is the square of 100
- What do people with diplopia see
- Marissa Mayer is an incompetent business woman
- BIT Mesra CS or RVCE CS
- Are army reserves deployed
- Is Facebook interested in you
- Affect US Magazines Eating Disorders
- Why is India lagging behind in development