Celebrate Mexico Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving around the world
Whether Thanks Giving in North America, the Sukkot tabernacle in the Jewish Kukturkreis, the Onam in India, the Jams festival in Ghana and Nigeria or the Guelaguetza festival in Mexico - a form of Thanksgiving is celebrated all over the world and there are many different harvest festivals the whole world. These festivals have different origins and, above all, different traditions.
Thanksgiving has been celebrated in the Catholic Church since the 3rd century and is a reminder to be grateful for the produce in agriculture and gardens. It is also intended to remind us that it is not in the hands of humans alone to have sufficient food. Traditionally, a celebration takes place in the church or a small procession and it is decorated with grain, field crops and seasonal fruit.
Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday celebrated in the United States and Canada. This type of harvest festival differs greatly from the harvest festival we know. Thanksgiving is primarily a family celebration: traditionally, the whole family gathers, no matter how far they come from, neighbors or friends are often invited and there is a festive meal with a turkey served. The origin of Thanksgiving has not been established. In both the USA and Canada, however, it is attributed to a common festival of the pilgrim fathers who had arrived in America and the native Indians, who helped the pilgrim fathers with supplies.
The Jewish Feast of Tabernacles, Sukkot, lasts seven days. In ancient times it was celebrated as a joyous festival on the occasion of the grain and wine harvest. Today Sukkot is celebrated on the occasion of the Exodus from Egypt. In memory of the provisional dwellings at the time during the move, huts are still being built out of branches, straw and leaves in the open air, where people traditionally eat together.
The ten-day harvest festival Onam in Kerala in India celebrates the rice harvest and unites all residents, regardless of religion and caste, and stands for friendly cooperation. Onam has its origins in Hindu mythology, but there are many different legends and stories. It is celebrated together, people enjoy colorful, musical parades and festive meals. There are many traditions that take place during this time: one is the snake boat race with narrow, colorful boats and team songs.
The Jams Festival in Ghana and Nigeria is celebrated at the end of the rainy season. Traditionally, pots and bowls are polished to a high gloss in order to prepare and beg for a high yielding harvest of the jams root, a staple African food.
The Guelaguetza Festival in Mexico, which means something like "Festival of give and take". The festival was already celebrated in the Spanish colonial times. Due to the colonization, however, the festival was increasingly shaped by church traditions. It is now a Christian festival with an Indian tradition. The maize goddess Centéotl is also honored at the festival. On the occasion of the Festival Guelaguetza, folk dances were celebrated in colorful traditional costumes and costumes. In memory of the offerings to the gods, small gifts are distributed to the audience.
All of these traditions and festivals have their own customs and histories of origin, and yet they are all united by celebrating gratitude for or asking for a good harvest. Every form of Thanksgiving brings people around the world together.
Text: Lisa Grüttner
- What happens when magnesium oxide is heated
- When is TOEFL held in India?
- What is WireShark used for?
- What is AT T Wireless Internet
- What is the OBC Ranking System
- Why are the vehicles in Pakistan overpriced
- How severe is Internet piracy in India
- Braces can cause a rubbery smile
- What is the meaning of OTP SMS
- Is the bluetooth signal harmful?
- Where can I sell video games online
- How small should a government be
- What is the Roman number of 199?
- What are the best smartphones
- What is left to mean
- How can a person know gnosis
- Lifted weights at Tupac
- Can a pen actually relieve a pneumothorax?
- How do interactive videos make eLearning attractive?
- How well patched is CyanogenMod
- What are autonomous exports
- Who can lead with a Schengen visa
- How does Wufoo compare to Jotform
- Blog category pages should be indexed
- What can motivate me to choose CA?
- What's the best alternative to Kodi
- What are some ways to calculate density
- How to become a prosecutor 2
- What is the most disgusting habit your pets have
- Will the NFL expand to London
- Is life really a meaningless pursuit?
- Have you ever questioned your beliefs?
- How Much Does a Mortgage Broker Make
- Which colonies are not independent