Is water flammable or flammable
Department of biology, chemistry, pharmacy
Some lighter fluid is placed in a beaker and ignited. The flame cannot be extinguished by splashing or dousing.
The gasoline floats burning on the beaker and sets a much larger area on fire when the beaker is full and overflows.
If you repeat the experiment, but this time spray the water with a flower sprayer into the fire, it will go out immediately.
The sprayed water droplets no longer get under the gasoline, but evaporate beforehand in the hot flame zone. But water in particular needs a lot of energy to evaporate, which it draws from the fire. In addition, every small droplet pops up into a much larger water vapor bubble. Both - cooling and displacement of the air causes the flame to extinguish.
Liquids that are not miscible with water cannot be extinguished with water. Hydrocarbons are lighter than water. They swim up there and continue to burn there. This explains the news spread by oil tankers in the event of accidents. The water spray has a much better extinguishing effect and is widely used. Examples are:
- Sprinkler systems
- Fire fighting (e.g. forest fires) from the air.
- The fire brigade also uses water in a spray jet and no longer in "C-pipes".
In spite of this, incipient fires are better fought with fire extinguishers. Fire extinguishers of fire class "B" can basically be used for all flammable solvents. Extinguishing high-boiling, burning liquids with water results in a fat explosion. Even if the burning liquid is miscible with water, extinguishing it with water can be ineffective, because various solvents, e.g. acetone or ethanol, are still flammable even in highly diluted form.
- Long-haired calico cats are rare
- What is a global cause
- Playing is a minor hobby
- Lil Pump went to college
- What is a person with benchmark disabilities
- Why were popcorn blankets even a thing
- How many calls are there in Skyrim
- How does car insurance work 1
- Well worth a BFA
- What's in your day hike backpack
- What is the quaternary structure of hemoglobin
- What Are Some Terrible Communicable Diseases
- What is the function quote_printable_decode in PHP
- You Can Get Cancer If You Are Vegan
- Is leather holsters worth buying
- Is Chennai important to India
- Who is Camila Cabello
- Who actually was Crookshanks in Harry Potter
- What do ticks look like 1
- Why did Ukraine banned TV Rain
- How to tone orange hair
- Can I be thin in a month
- Do East Indian surnames have meanings
- How to calculate 6 95