Why does cat poop smell so bad
Cat feces: what it reveals about cat health
Even if the daily cleaning of the litter box is not one of the most popular duties of the cat owner: Instead of going straight to disposal with a shovel and your nose covered, you should always take the time to take a close look. Disease symptoms and errors in feeding can be identified by the color, consistency, shape and smell of the cat's droppings.
This is what the pile should look like
The mound of cats in a healthy cat with ideal nutrition looks like this:
- shaped into an even sausage
- firm, but not too firm in consistency
A more characteristic odor is in the nature of things, but the pile shouldn't stink too much. Cat droppings generally have a very intense smell. This has to do with the breakdown of proteins or amino acids, which cats eat a lot as carnivores. That tips Balance of the intestinal flora, e.g. B. due to illness or a sudden change of feed, the smell of the stool can become much worse.
Is the cat poop too soft? Recognize diarrhea in cats
Every cat suffers from diarrhea at least once in their life. The consistency, color and smell can provide initial clues to possible causes of diarrhea:
- Dough, black, liquid: Evidence of gastrointestinal bleeding. Please go to the vet immediately!
- Pudding-like, very smelly: Indication of a feed intolerance and / or chronic bowel inflammation (IBD).
- Sticky and with a lot of added mucus: Too little fiber in the feed; can also indicate inflammation in the colon.
- Soft, e.g. T. frothy, greasy, with slime: It may be that there is worm or giardia infestation. In the latter case, the feces usually smell noticeably strong and sour, and blood may also be present.
- Sticky, very greasy, with a pungent odor: The so-called fatty stool can be an indication of a disease of the pancreas.
Is the cat poop too hard? Constipation and its Consequences
Hard faeces and the associated difficulties in using the toilet are very painful and can even stress cats to the point where they become unclean.
- Small pieces of feces, dry and hard: Indicates dehydration, chronic constipation of the large intestine (megacolon) and / or improper food.
- Small pieces of feces, dry and hard, with lots of hair in them: In so-called "over-grooming", the cat cleans itself an above-average amount and swallows a lot of hair in the process. The risk of hairballs and later bezoars forming is great.
- Very thin sausages, put down with a lot of effort: Indication of a narrowing in the large intestine, e.g. B. by a tumor.
Collect fecal samples for the vet - that's how it works
If the vet requests a fecal sample, it is best to collect it in a lockable box over 3 to 5 days and store it in a cool place. The sample can only be examined by the veterinarian for certain worm eggs or giardia.
- How do I judge an environment
- What is the best camera 360 OTO
- Which football league is the most popular
- You can drive a Lamborghini Aventador every day
- Which song do you wish you produced that you produced
- Why aren't dogs ticklish
- Why do we study financial management
- Why is Supernatural no longer doing ghost episodes
- What exactly is competitive intelligence software
- What is a CWR microprocessor
- How do you protect yourself against phishing
- How can I install Eclipse
- Is city life worth living
- Can a pen actually relieve a pneumothorax?
- Why can't you mute session notifications?
- What was Napster's top rating
- Where to Buy Alcohol in Utah
- Why should Boris Johnson apologize?
- What regulates your period
- Is it good for all skin types
- What should I invest in my TFSA
- Do the US recognize the Canadian Holocaust
- What is free-range coastal water
- What are your favorite mobile apps