How can you free yourself from sin?
Deliverance from sin
What would you say is the most important quality a judge should possess? Honesty? Virtue? Or maybe a good education? I believe the most important quality of a judge is justice. A judge must give a fair judgment. Can't he punish one and not the other? That wouldn't be fair.
In the fifth book of Moses, God is described in the same way:
“He is a rock, what he does is perfect. Everything he does is right and fair. He is a faithful God who does no wrong; he is fair and reliable. " The Bible tells us here that God is perfectly righteous.
Why do we need deliverance from sin?
So if God, as a judge, pronounces a judgment on a person, then this judgment is also just. Because we are God's creatures, after our death we will have to answer to God for our life here on earth. Personally, I can tell you that I often think: "Fortunately, I'm not that bad. I may not be perfect, but there are many worse things than me.“But what I think doesn't matter. I'm not the judge. It's not about my yardstick, but God's yardstick:
In Matthew 5:48, Jesus tells us what this standard looks like: "But you should be perfect, just as your Heavenly Father is perfect." If you think now: "Nobody can do that!“Then you are absolutely right. This is what the apostle Paul tells us in Romans 3:12: “All have turned away from God; all have become unusable for God. Nobody does good, not even a single one.“This is God's judgment on all people. No one is innocent before God and no one can be acquitted by him. The word that the Bible uses to sum it up "Sin".
How can we be delivered from sin?
We have already established that no one can live up to God's standard. But that's not entirely true. There is one person who not only can, but has done it: Jesus Christ, the Son of God. He lived the perfect life that you and I should have lived.
All well and good, but what does that mean for us? Very much! The apostle Paul explains this to us in Second Corinthians 5:21:
“For God made Christ, who never sinned, a sacrifice for our sins, so that through him we could be justified before God.“
What Paul is telling us here is that out of love, God said to us:
„I'll have my son punished for you. He pays your debt.“
He did this so we could be acquitted! Do you understand?
You have the opportunity not to have to judge alone before God, but together with Jesus. And what happens then is unbelievable: Out of love, Jesus takes the punishment for your sin and in return gives you his perfect life. This is what happened when Jesus died on the cross. He was punished there for the sins of the world. This is how deliverance from sin happens.
How "one comes together with Jesus" before God? By faith. That means a firm trust in Jesus Christ and what happened on the cross. A person who believes in Jesus trusts not in himself but in Jesus. The first step in this direction could be for you to make contact with other people who believe in Jesus. I invite you to use our contact form for this purpose.
Come together with Jesus before God.
- Why is Hungary's economy declining
- Is the same key and attribute in dbms
- What is a knitting machine
- What this storm means is unnaturally mean
- How is Serra High School
- What are the different data sources
- Is quality an acquired taste
- Do you like to write songs?
- Narcissists generally lack self-esteem
- What is the Lewis Structure of H2SO4
- Who should replace Sarah Sanders
- Have you ever had a fire accident?
- How is barbed wire used safely
- There are limits to knowledge and science
- What is the turnover of CouponDunias
- Has anyone tried Twitter advertising in India
- New media What is a byline
- What are the benefits of Airbnb
- How do sports scholarships work
- Is stealth useless
- People tend to overestimate their importance
- What is the SalesForces volume pricing structure
- How can I become a workaholic
- Who was the leader of the Monkees