Cancer cases are increasing due to medication
Cancer: price gouging with new drugs
The cost of new drugs has risen significantly in recent years. Again and again, cancer drugs have proven to be particularly expensive. The drug prescription report 2018 reveals that nine out of ten new developments in the oncological field cost more than 60,000 euros per year and patient in 2017. The rising costs put a heavy burden on the health insurance companies, announced the central association of statutory health insurance companies.
V.any new developments in oncology
In recent years, many new developments have been made in the field of oncology, which mean great progress for cancer patients. The Association of Research-Based Pharmaceutical Companies said that spending on cancer drugs that enable a cure or stop the disease and thus allow a return to normal life is not only an investment in the health of individual patients, but also in the interests of the health system a healthy investment for the entire economy.
Early launch for dGerman patient
The European Medicines Agency (EMA) approves new drugs for all of Europe at the same time. Nevertheless, German patients can often receive them faster than in neighboring countries. Because while there are intensive price negotiations following the approval, manufacturers in Germany can put their drugs on the market immediately and determine the price themselves. It is only in the second year that pharmaceutical companies and health insurance companies have to agree on a price. Price reductions of 50 percent are then not uncommon.
The price is only set in the second year
Experts complain not only that new drugs are expensive, but also that their actual benefit is often not yet apparent when they are approved. In Germany, a federal committee evaluates every newly approved drug. The Drug Ordinance Report 2018 shows: In nine out of ten new cancer drugs, the Federal Committee saw no evidence of additional benefit compared to older, cheaper drugs. The evaluation by the federal committee is the basis for price negotiations between pharmaceutical manufacturers and health insurance companies.
This topic in the program:
Market | 03/11/2019 | 8:15 pm
- Mercedes Maybach is a competitor of Tesla
- Addicting potato chips and corn chips
- Do headphones kill my iPhone battery faster
- What certification should a computer engineer have
- What is ecommerce website development
- Who founded the city of Ahmedabad
- Do you like to be a mechanical engineer?
- What's a single moment in Indianapolis
- How delicious can a cheeseburger be
- Electromagnetic waves carry energy and momentum
- What breed is a blast
- Why do people change when they meet
- How can I use Elasticsearch for the log
- What is Arcane Network
- What Hartford Connecticut is known for
- What's new in Lumion 9
- Where does the name Bethany come from
- Is Aashirvaad Atta good for your health
- Prevents eyeliner from going to sleep
- Which animals does PETA tolerate killing?
- If x 1 then what is x
- What is a good metaphor for white privilege
- Business classes are useless in college
- What details ensure that a home feels inviting?