What are the rules of the Trivial Pursuit
Probably the most famous quiz game of all time is Trivial Pursuit. It was invented in 1979 by friends Scott Abbott and Chris Haney in the USA. Hasbro has been selling it very successfully since 1988. The game has now been sold well over 90 million times in 33 countries and 19 languages.
Trivial Pursuit Rules & Game Instructions
The many expansions and different variants increase the fun of the game constantly. The game is designed for 2 - 6 players and, depending on the edition, suitable for ages 6 or 12.
Lost game instructions?
No problem, you can download them free of charge from us:
Download the instructions as a PDF for free
How to play
There is a “6-spoke wheel” on the board. The middle is the starting field. All players start there first. The corner points of the “spokes” are the fields on which the players can receive their knowledge stones (purtings). The aim is to be the first to collect all six purtings.
At the beginning of the round, the player who starts the game is rolled. As with most games, the game is played clockwise. Now everyone tries to fill their game piece with the coveted pursuits as quickly as possible. There are various fields to be overcome. If the player hits a colored field, he must answer a question about the field color. If this is correct, he may roll the dice again. If he answers incorrectly, however, it is next in line. In a white field you can roll the dice again.
In the standard version there are the following categories:
- Orange - sport and fun
- Braun - art and literature
- Green - science and technology
- Blue - geography
- Pink - entertainment
- Yellow - story
If the first player has now filled his wheel of knowledge with all the pursuits, he must go back to the middle and answer a question about the category of his last stone. If he got them right, he won the game. If he answers this incorrectly, however, he has to try again to reach midfield in order to answer a category previously selected by his teammates.
Game content Trivial Pursuit
- 1 game board
- 6 knowledge wheels
- 36 pursiuts
- 6000 questions
- 1 cube
- 1 set of instructions
Submit a review 🙂
- Which one is you 1
- Which months are hot in your country?
- Let websites know your physical address
- What tools do you use for management
- Why is the Nordic religion so fascinating
- Why is my Instagram app not opening
- How to write Aniket in Malayalam
- What are Italian middle names
- Does your body need extra sugar?
- How do I join eBay
- Will there be a bleach sequel 1
- How do I start trading online 1
- Serotonin Makes You Smarter
- Fit iPad cases on all iPads
- Is Bruce Wayne Batman adopted
- Why didn't Ford make bicycles
- Some people are addicted to sadness
- Why is Walter White so unsuccessful
- What are the darkest truths about Europe
- Was Ahmet Zogu an atheist
- How do you linearize quadratic restrictions
- You can make 21 million mining Ethereum
- Sansa knows what Littlefinger actually wants
- Why is a dendritic cell a phagocyte