Where do grape nuts get their name from?
Too much is not too much
Art of living
Art of living
Do you suffer from this overwhelming passion as I do? Not only is it overwhelming, but most importantly, it is insatiable. Once chocolate, always chocolate. It is a wonder that this kind of passion has not long been recognized as a disease. A disease that could be called "chocolate disease", for example. This would then have the advantage that research funds would be used for her healing, drugs would be developed and one could justify work absences with her. On the other hand: As long as all of this does not exist, we have no choice but to stick to the tried and tested means of self-medication, which is also not so miserable. Our pharmacies are the chocolateries with well-sounding names like “Bitter & Zart”. There we find everything we need, bars in all conceivable proportions: 30, 50, 70 percent cocoa content, brown, dark brown, black-brown. At the latest at 100 percent, however, nothing melts on the tongue anymore, and in such a case one would probably have to speak of a dust explosion.
Many different ingredients are possible: Not just rum, grapes, nuts, the classics. Also vanilla, cinnamon, pepper, salt, paprika, ginger, if possible not all at the same time. Impossible ever to get enough of it! Now is the time to re-test the limits. True enough: Too much is not good. But not too little either. What would be the right measure: can we know in advance? This cannot be done without experiments, and that means, not without errors. Aristotle, the thinker of measure, once considered it inevitable "to turn occasionally to the side of too much and then to that of too little, for this is the easiest way to find the right middle and the right one".
Did he already know the chocolate? There is not so much to fear that there will be too little. If there is too much, everything depends on giving it a cultivated note. Because even a seemingly simple act like enjoying chocolate can still be refined, especially with the help of theoretical knowledge: where do the cocoa beans come from, what proportion of healthy tannins, how are they processed, how they are mixed, with which fat, which sugar? The pleasure is overwhelming when the right mixture of ingredients slowly melts away. It's a shame if that happens too suddenly without foreplay. The delay is magical, it is unfortunate when nothing melts, when the palate sticks. Yes, some things are reminiscent of a love game. Chocolateopathy, like love, is the suffering of a passion. Is it worth a life without passion? Chocolate contributes to the fullness of life. The dosage may be important. But it doesn't have to be homeopathic.
The author lives as a freelance philosopher in Berlin. New book: Be friends with yourself. Suhrkamp-Verlag, Frankfurt a. M. 2004. www.lebenskunstphilosophie.de The author lives as a freelance philosopher in Berlin. New book: Be friends with yourself. Suhrkamp-Verlag, Frankfurt a. M. 2004.
- What is the economic justification for the existence of the government?
- Ancient Egypt was an advanced civilization
- What does a change in the global economic environment mean
- Thinking consumes energy
- How will kifi make money
- A breath spray can prevent bad breath
- How can Ghost Rider beat Flash
- Can teeth kill nerve pain
- What is the future of poetry
- What is the performance bank guarantee 1
- How can a teacher improve quickly
- How do I become an oil engineer
- How can I use Python's range function
- What are examples of phosphorus-soluble bacteria
- Why is it a personal pronoun
- I couldn't just do SEO myself
- How do we control our unnecessary conversation
- Can I get smart and active
- How many kinds of friends are there
- How central were the Muslim caliphates
- Can you surf in Iceland
- On what charges was Khudiram Bose hanged?
- How do I find my entrepreneurial self
- Why are brain-boosting drugs bad