What are fundamental rights 1
Constitution. The fundamental rights
What is the Basic Law?
(& copy bpb)The Basic Law is the constitution
the Federal Republic of Germany.
The most important rules are in a constitution
for living together in one state.
A state is a community of people.
The people who belong to the community
are called citizens.
A state also includes:
- State borders.
They determine the territory of the state.
A state border is a line between two countries.
This line is visible on maps, for example.
They apply in the territory of the state.
These rules are called laws.
The most important law is that Constitution.
The constitution in Germany is called Basic Law.
The Basic Law is divided into smaller parts.
These parts are called items.
An article is a section of the Basic Law.
All articles have numbers.
The first articles of the Basic Law contain fundamental rights.
These are Articles 1 to 19 in the Basic Law.
What are fundamental rights?
(& copy bpb)Having rights is important.
Rights protect me and my life.
Just like an umbrella protects against rain.
To have rights means:
A person may demand
that someone doesn't do something.
A person may also demand
that someone does something.
Everyone has the right to demand:
I'm not allowed to hit or
Everyone has the right to demand: I can speak my mind.
All people in Germany have rights
towards the state.
Everyone who works for the state must respect the rights:
Everyone can demand
that cops don't hit him.
Or that police officers do not read private letters without permission.
If a person is really in need, he can also demand:
The state should help me. For example:
- Cops have to help
when they see a person being beaten.
- The state must ensure
that people get food
who would starve to death without help.
(& copy bpb)The fundamental rights are the most important rights
the people in Germany have towards the state.
The Fundamental rights protect everyone,
just like an umbrella protects against rain.
The umbrella is in 'easy POLITICS:
Constitution. The fundamental rights' a sign.
The umbrella is a symbol of protection
of the people in Germany through basic rights.
Fundamental rights protect the lives of citizens.
The state must adhere to fundamental rights.
The state is obliged
protect fundamental rights.
You can also say:
The fundamental rights are a core of the Basic Law.
Fundamental rights are important in everyone's everyday life.
A student is free to choose an apprenticeship.
She can say: I want to be a car mechanic.
Or a saleswoman.
The state must not tell her
what training she should do.
(& copy bpb)
Who do fundamental rights protect?All people in Germany have basic rights.
These basic rights are called Human rights.
- People who have lived in Germany since their birth,
have these fundamental rights.
- But also refugees,
who have only been in Germany for a few days.
is for example a human right.
Or the right to speak up.
With other basic rights
is in the Basic Law:
- All Germans have these rights.
Germans are the people
who have a German identity card.
They are also called German citizens.
(& copy bpb)For example, freedom of assembly is a civil right.
Means freedom of assembly:
Every German has the right to demonstrate.
He can speak his mind at the demonstration.
Even foreigners who live in Germany
have the right to speak their mind.
But in some cases:
The state may forbid a foreigner
to demonstrate in Germany.
For example, the state may say:
A member of a foreign government
is not allowed to demonstrate in Germany.
- How learning management systems for Joomla differ
- What is your mother's girl name
- What are the future plans of quoras
- Why is Supernatural no longer doing ghost episodes
- How do interactive videos make eLearning attractive?
- When would exercise affect your health?
- Why is the debt ratio important
- How are the washings for guide dogs organized
- Does Listadventure com
- How is Acer Nitro 5 for games
- What is more practical knowledge or devotion
- What causes dark pores on my legs
- How do luggage scales work
- How can I increase my verbal IQ
- Why do I keep having dreams
- What is a site layout plan
- What is it like to be a Pakistani
- Determined and stubborn are the same
- Where is Tottenham Hotspur going
- Where can I find new content
- What use is it to learn Matlab
- The DAVV CET Group C is tough
- What is instrumentation in physics
- What are the myths about Turkey
- How safe is a nuclear missile
- How do I get hyperfocus
- How is chemical engineering at BITS Goa
- Why are wines so overpriced in restaurants?
- What is Play Doh made of
- Why are people happy with their income
- Indonesia has deserts
- How long should an htaccess file be
- AICTE is only for single girls
- What should my WiFi password be?