What are some examples of allophones
Realization variant of a phoneme (phoneme), which arises in particular from individual or regionally determined different articulations. In German, these are mainly regional variants, e.g. the "Zungenspitzen-r" (alveolares [r]) and the "suppository r" (uvulares [R]). These allophones are also referred to as free or facultative variants and are to be distinguished from the combinatorial or positional variants. An example of a combinatorial A. is the different phonetic realization of the / g / in Magdeburg: after a deep vowel [ɐ] as [x] and after Liquid [ʁ] as [ç]: [mɐχdəbɔʁç].
Allophones can be understood as different phones (Phon) that realize a phoneme. They have no grammatical or phonemic function, but they can take over in the course of language development. For example, it is assumed that ablaut, umlaut and refraction initially appeared as allophones and were only later grammaticalized and systematically expanded through analogies.
Lit .: Altmann, H./Ziegenhain, U., Phonetics, Phonology and Graphics for the Exam. 2002. Becker, Th., Introduction to the Phonetics and Phonology of German. 2012. Hakkarainen, H.J., Phonetik des Deutschen. 1995. Hall, T. A., Phonology. An introduction. 2000. Kohler, K.J., Introduction to the Phonetics of German. 2., rework. Ed., 1995. Ramers, K.-H./Vater, H., Introduction to Phonology. 1991. Wiese, R., Phonetics and Phonology. 2011. UF
- Should I dye my hair?
- Which startups were funded by Saeed Amidi
- Why Are Most Republican Senators Old?
- What are some basic math proofs
- Where can I download keyloggers
- Radiation protection measures are not too strict
- Will genetic engineering determine the future?
- How is potassium nitrate soluble in water
- What are some Egyptian superstitions
- How do I manage videos on YouTube
- Why doesn't Winnie the Pooh wear pants?
- Which is bigger FedEx UPS or DHL
- Can people lift weights that are heavier than themselves
- What is the state of scientific journalism?
- Why can't I find love 1
- What does a sustainable village mean?
- What can I put brewer's yeast
- Are crepes good
- How did we know or learn words?
- What are some books about Mind Palace
- What does love blindly mean
- Basically, laziness is an escape from success
- Why do bands have such unusual names?
- Which parts of NodeJS regularly confuse beginners
- What is chemical bond localized and delocalized
- What are some WordPress Platforms in China
- What is math in our life
- What if someone fell in love with you
- What are the cons of touchscreen laptops
- What is general banking
- What is the fastest melting ice cream
- We receive a guarantee for a refurbished phone
- What songs did Beyonce sang