What does oligarch mean
Part of speech: noun, (male)Hyphenation:
- Oli | g | arch, Plural: Oli | g | ar | chen
- IPA: [oliˈɡaʁç]
- 1) Member of a small group that has political power over a country or region
- from synonymous Greek ὀλιγάρχης (oligárchēs)
- 1) oligarch
- 1) The Russian Oligarchs mostly got rich in the Gorbachev era.
- 1) “President Poroshenko has already held high positions in previous governments, when Oligarch he once drove up sugar prices in the cartel with others. "
- Nominative: singular Oligarch; Plural Oligarchs
- Genitive: singular Oligarchs; Plural Oligarchs
- Dative: singular Oligarchs; Plural Oligarchs
- Accusative: singular Oligarchs; Plural Oligarchs
- Swedish: 1) oligark
- Czech: 1) oligarcha (male)
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„Luxury ship from Oligarch Abramovich is said to have missile defense technology.“
Mopo, September 30, 2018
„VIENNA - The Ukrainian who lives in Austria Oligarch Dmitri Firtash can be extradited to the USA.“
The Farang (Thailand), June 25, 2019
„Supreme Court gives the green light: The Ukrainian Oligarch Dmitri Firtash can be extradited.“
euronews, June 25, 2019
„The media shy Oligarch Ivan Savvidis is the most important single investor in Greece's second largest city. A search for clues.“
NZZ Online, July 22, 2019
„Some have the money, others have it too, and on top of that a great youth: none Oligarch from Eastern Europe will ever know what he missed in old Western Europe.“
Welt.de, September 9, 2018
„A Ukrainian Oligarch has been arrested in Lower Saxony according to a media report.“
NWZ Online, December 6th, 2019
„The Russian Oligarch Viktor Vekselberg (62) wants to donate millions in Switzerland for corona victims.“
Blick Online, April 07, 2020
„The US no longer wants to see two of Putin's Koch companies in court. The Oligarch unexpectedly got involved in the process through his company.“
heise online, March 17, 2020
„The Ukrainian Oligarch Alexander Onischenko is not deported to his home country. That was decided by the responsible senate at the Oldenburg Higher Regional Court. He now has to be released from custody as well.“
NOZ.de, May 27, 2020
„"Krone" local inspection in Chisinau: like someone in hiding Oligarch ruled the torn land between Romania and Ukraine.“
Krone.at, February 9, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- Large industrialist: Economy: owner of a very large company, a corporate empire
- Captain of industry
- Magnate: Person with great economic power
- Mogul: kPl. Indian ruler title; Bearer of the title mentioned below
- Schlotbaron (Ruhrindustrie) (fig., Obsolete)
- Tycoon (japanese): Owner of a company with a major impact on the economy
- Business captain
Another word (synonym) for oligarch - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary that contain "oligarch":
oligarchy: ... Examples of use: 1) Ancient Rome was an oligarchy. Derived words: Oligarch, Oligarchin, oligarchisch Translations English: 1) oligarchy French: 1)…
Oligarchs: Oligarchs (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Oli | gar | chen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [oliˈɡaʁçn̩] Grammatical features: Genitive singular of the noun…
Rhyme: German: -aʁç: Rhyme pronunciation / phonetic transcription (IPA): aʁç spellings: -arch Similar rhymes: rhyming words monosyllabic snore two-syllable ethnarch exarch monarch patriarch tetrarch three-syllable oligarch
Oligarch: the feminine from the male form oligarch with the derivative (derivative morpheme) -in Male word forms: 1) Oligarch application examples: 1) "A Russian oligarch receives me for tea in the lobby."
oily-:… 1) Few rule in an oligarchy. Word formations: oligakiuria, oligarchy, oligarchy, oligarchic, oliguria olig- / olig- (Latin) part of speech: bound lexeme ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Oligarch" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (23.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Oligarch/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. Add a comment. You can add application examples or hints on the use of the term "oligarch" and help improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Oligarchs (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Oli | g | ar | chen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [oliˈɡaʁçn̩]…
oligarchy (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular oligarchy; Plural oligarchies genitive: singular ...
Oligarchies (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: New hyphenation: Oli | gar | chi | en Old hyphenation: ...
Oligarch (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular Oligarchin; Plural oligarchs genitive: ...
Oligarchs (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Oli | gar | chin | nen Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Oligomer (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular the oligomer; Plural the oligomer genitive: ...
Oligomers (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Oli | go | me | re Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [oliɡoˈmeːʀə]…
Oligomers (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Oli | go | me | ren Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [oliɡoˈmeːʁən]…
Oligomers (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Oli | go | mers Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA: [oliɡoˈmeːɐ̯s]…
Oligophrenia (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular oligophrenia; Plural oligophrenia genitive: ...
Oligophrenia (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Oli | go | phre | ni | en Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Oligopoly (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular, oligopoly; Plural the oligopolies genitive: ...
- Will 360 controllers work with Xbox One
- What is a dry socket
- How helpful are mannequins to the traffic police
- What makes Masaan so special
- What can Americans learn from Pakistanis
- How is life in the youth hostel in MIT Pune
- She wants to be famous
- What is the secret behind the children's unrest
- A Jio number can start at 8
- Can you decipher the word UNG?
- How do you say sit in Italian
- How can I treat Vicks addiction
- What constitutes an innovative distance learning program
- What Makes Magento Website Development a Winner
- Can ZBrush models be animated?
- Our world would collapse without the internet
- Which YouTube channels consistently deliver great content
- Which industries pay software developers the most
- Why should an ex avoid you
- Why was Great Britain overpopulated in the 18th century?
- Uses iMessage iCloud storage
- Do narcissists have compassion for other narcissists
- Can fiber cure headaches
- Why is PS4 addicting?