Masturbation leads to sterility in men
Does the amount of sperm always stay the same despite masturbation?
Question: If you masturbate yourself more often, will there no longer be any ejaculation or will there be no sperm for a longer period of time, or is it newly formed every day?
Answer: The sperm are produced in the testicles. There are the primitive germ cells that stay there and divide. The precursors to the sperm cells resulting from cell division then slowly mature, the duration is about 74 days.
++ More on the topic: Sperm ++
In the case of ejaculation with previous abstinence, the amount of semen is 2.5 to 3.5 milliliters. Most of the rest is fluid from the seminal vesicle, prostate, and other small glands. With repeated ejaculations, the amount of sperm decreases. At the beginning there are around 100 million sperm per milliliter of liquid. The proportion of seeds decreases while there is still fluid, because it is reproduced more quickly in the above-mentioned glands. This also applies to sterilized men. Their ejaculate contains only liquid and no sperm.
If there are only 20 to 40 million sperm per milliliter, fifty percent of men are considered sterile. If the amount of sperm continues to drop below 20 million per milliliter, practically all those affected are sterile under normal circumstances.
If, however, there is no disorder in the testicle, sufficient amounts of sperm will repeatedly build up. Even if you masturbate every day, this production doesn't stop. Masturbating doesn't make you sick either. Reports that masturbation leads to spinal cord atrophy, or that no sperm are formed after a certain number of ejaculations, come from times when it was considered a sin to please oneself.
++ More on the topic: Anatomy of the man ++
Stay informed with the newsletter from netdoktor.at
Dr. Britta Bürger, specialist in gynecology and obstetrics
More articles on the topic
The morbid jealousy
In jealousy, the boundaries between normal and pathological are fluid. Nevertheless, there are signs that point to pathological jealousy.
Your partner is a person of his own
At the beginning of a partnership there is curious getting to know each other, then the phase of more or less violent falling in love follows: You put the ...
- What does a plant do at night
- Can a schizophrenic hear his own voice?
- Can an operation cause an autoimmune disease?
- How does titanium make rose quartz pink
- Who is King Bharat's son
- What is something that doctors always do wrong
- Should be banned from high school competitive sports
- What is a simple algebra
- How do hens lay so many eggs?
- Hate being around people
- How can we change the Indian education system
- How would you rate SAP software services
- Astronomers how many stars are cataloged these days
- What is social bookmarking for SEO
- Number of jobs in iOS in Pune
- Will offices ever be out of date
- What is the training ratio for the back chest
- How can big data help in agriculture
- What is NAM and NAG
- What signal does a computer use
- Propofol is painful when injected
- All radiation is harmful
- What is GSMA used for?
- How Do Lawyers Buy Leads
- Why don't five guys serve chicken
- What are stray capacitance and parasitic capacitance
- What is your opinion on Dell 7567
- What does a book rarely do
- Which website do you rarely visit
- What professions have terms of office
- How many newspapers are there in Bangladesh
- What is your opinion on Bob Seger
- How do Uyghurs live in Turkey