When and where was Lionel Messi born
Main page »Sports» Soccer »Lionel Messi» Biography / Profile
Lionel Messi biography
The Argentine soccer player Lionel Andrés Messi (Lionel Messi or Leo Messi for short) was born on June 24th, 1987 in Rosario (Argentina) and is currently under contract with FC Barcelona. He is the current national player and took part with Argentina in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. He has long been considered the greatest talent in world football and, despite his young age, is already the best player of all time for many. His strengths are in goal completion, in one on one and in dribbling. Once it picks up speed, it can hardly be stopped by fair means. Critics accuse him that he is only that good because, with Xavi and Andrés Iniesta, he has two brilliant passers behind him.
Lionel Messi began his career in his home country with Grandoli FC and Newell's Old Boys. When he was 13, the economic crisis and the high medical costs involved in treating Lionel Messi for a hormone disorder forced his family to leave their home country and move to Spain. There Lionel Messi completed a trial training session at FC Barcelona and impressed the coaching staff at the La Masia youth academy. As a result, FC Barcelona took over the treatment costs and paid Lionel Messi a starting salary of 600 euros.
In the Barca youth, Lionel Messi went through all grades and improved from year to year. On October 16, 2004 he made his debut in the Primera División. In the derby against Espanyol Barcelona he came as a substitute and knew how to convince. A few months later he had his first league goal against Albacete Balompié.
In 2006 Messi won the FC Barcelona championship and Champions League. At the World Cup in Germany, he was used for Argentina and experienced the elimination in the quarter-finals against the DFB-Elf from the bank. Although his performances in the national jersey were still fluctuating at that time, the media have already compared him to Diego Maradona and chosen him as his worthy successor.
In early 2009, Lionel Messi resisted the recruitment of Manchester City, whose owners were willing to pay 150 million in transfer and 12 million net annual salary for him. A few months later, he extended his contract with Barcelona until 2016. Lionel Messi's annual salary was now 12.5 million euros, the transfer fee for him was fixed at 250 million euros.
Under coach Pep Guardiola, Lionel Messi finally advanced to a superstar and became the leading player in a well-rehearsed team that largely consists of La Masia graduates. In 2009 and 2011 the team won the Champions League final against Manchester United, which finally promoted Lionel Messi to the football Olympus. FIFA and UEFA recognized his performance and named him "World Player of the Year" and "European Footballer of the Year" in 2009 and 2010.
In the 2010/11 season, Lionel Messi scored twelve goals in the Champions League, equaling Ruud van Nistelrooy's record. The comparison between Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, which is often made in Spain, was usually won by the Argentine at the direct clashes in El Clásico.
Clubs as active
Since 2004:FC Barcelona
2003 - 2004: FC Barcelona B
titles and achievements
2011: Spanish champion, Champions League winner, Champions League top scorer
2010: Spanish champion, Spanish Supercup winner, European footballer of the year, world footballer of the year, Primera División top scorer, Champions League top scorer, UEFA golden shoe
2009: Spanish Champion, Champions League Winner, Spanish Super Cup Winner, Spanish Cup Winner, UEFA Super Cup Winner, FIFA Club World Champion, European Footballer of the Year, World Footballer of the Year, Champions League top scorer
2008: Olympic Champion (with Argentina)
2007: Argentina's Footballer of the Year
2006: Spanish Champion, Spanish Supercup Winner, Laureus World Sports Awards Newcomer of the Year
2005: Spanish Champion, Champions League Winner, Spanish Supercup Winner, Junior World Champion (with Argentina), Best Player of the Junior World Championship, Argentina's Footballer of the Year
- Nickname: Lionel Messi has been nicknamed "La Pulga" ("The Flea") since he was a child.
- Facebook: When Lionel Messi opened an official fan page on Facebook in spring 2011, he had seven million Facebook fans around him within seven hours, setting a world record.
Top news about Lionel Messi
World Cup 2018 without Lionel Messi?
At FC Barcelona, Lionel Messi has just been spoiled by success again. Barca confidently lead the table in Spain ...
Lionel Messi & Luis Suarez: Crazy header training in the pool
Even on vacation, the soccer stars Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez from FC Barcelona are always thinking about their ...
Lionel Messi: new contract with FC Barcelona
Good news for Barca fans. All transfer rumors about Lionel Messi from FC Barcelona can probably be ...
All messages "
Lionel Messi fan pages, links and websites
Official Facebook page of Lionel Messi
Official Facebook fan page with information, photos and of course plenty of space on the pin board.
Official website of Lionel Messi
Multilingual homepage with the latest information from and about Lionel Messi.
Lionel Messi News, goals, videos, statistics, records - everything on MESSIDONA
The latest news about FC Barcelona star Lionel Messi can be found on Messidona. The complete biography from his beginnings to today's world star.
- What is LCD LED 1
- How can you keep a healthy brain
- Farfetchd is the most useless Pokemon
- Is the LinkedIn CPC campaign effective
- Are all Pixar's computers Apple
- What has LIGO actually discovered
- What does gamma look like
- Why is the airfare so high
- What is your best mix of mixed drinks
- Where can I sell video games online
- What is the Choral Eucharist
- Most offices require a knowledge of Microsoft Word
- What is the Marxist view of declaration
- What microorganism causes jaundice
- Are there homosexual intellectuals
- Why are smartphone companies competing for the camera
- Why did the Indian army invade Kashmir
- What does a sustainable village mean?
- What is music made of
- How are 20th century classical composers trained?
- What is normal temperature and pressure
- What happened to my likes on Instagram
- Is available at Ola 24 7 in Delhi
- Pay taxes on investments
- What is good architecture
- What happens when magnesium oxide is heated
- What is the symbol for Brahman
- When is fear a problem?
- How did the Romans cross the Alps
- The Bible condemns homophobia
- If 6x 36, then what is x
- What are the basics of foreign direct investment
- How can I say birthday in Spanish
- How do you convert Kelvin to Celsius