Does Infosys offer its employees an MBA
How blockchain is changing the financial world
MBA Volker Stößel Media Relations
HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
Whitepaper from Infosys Consulting and the HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management presents blockchain pilot projects.
Infosys Consulting and the HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management recently published the whitepaper Blockchain Technology and the Financial Services Market: State of the Art Analysis.
More and more banks are recognizing the potential of blockchain technology and are exploring ways of using it. The whitepaper is based on statements from experts from Infosys Consulting and financial companies. It offers an outlook on the possibilities and limits of blockchain technology for the various areas of the financial industry.
Important findings include:
- Blockchain can reduce costs while increasing security, transparency and efficiency; Most promising are applications in cross-border payments, trade finance and the OTC market
- Trusted third parties and clearing houses have to adjust to competition as the distributed ledger systems are more advantageous than the existing centralized ledgers
- Despite the lack of regulation, blockchain will spread to the financial industry in the next five to ten years; 47 percent of financial institutions are already evaluating a deployment
- The cooperation between banks and fintechs is essential for the further improvement and dissemination of blockchain
Jun.-Prof. Dr. Vivek K. Velamuri, HHL Schumpeter Junior Professorship for Entrepreneurship and Technology Transfer, says: “In many industries and use cases, blockchain can reduce costs and increase the speed and security of transactions. It is used to prove the origin of diamonds by tracing their path from the mine to the jewelry store. Another project in Sweden wants to find out how blockchain can be used to reduce errors in the registration of basic rights and to increase security. We are only just beginning to discover the potential of blockchain and it is not surprising that many consider it to be the most important IT invention of the century. ”
Dr. Eric Günter Krause, Partner, Infosys Consulting, says: “Our study shows that the financial industry has recognized the value and importance of blockchain. We are sure that the pace of development will pick up in the near future. Nonetheless, banks, corporations and regulators need to work together to properly integrate the technology into regulatory frameworks. Only then can blockchain achieve its maximum possible dispersion and develop its capabilities. "
The research on which the white paper is based is based on a qualitative survey of 33 experts from the banking and fintech sector.
You can find the whitepaper here: http://infy.com/2cC4SL3 or at SlideShare at http://www.slideshare.net/Infosys-Consulting/blockchain-white-paper-65857204
About Infosys Consulting
Infosys Consulting is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Infosys (NYSE: INFY), a global leader in business consulting, technology solutions, outsourcing and next generation services with over 193,000 employees and customers in over 50 countries. Infosys Consulting acts as a global management consulting branch of Infosys and bridges the gap between strategy and implementation. Infosys Consulting provides its customers with the greatest possible added value with consulting services in the field of strategy and process optimization as well as IT-driven transformations. http://www.infosys.com/consulting
About the HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
HHL is a university institution and is one of the leading international business schools. The aim of the oldest business school in the German-speaking region is to train high-performing, responsible and entrepreneurial leaders. HHL is characterized by excellent teaching, a clear research orientation and practical transfer as well as excellent service for its students. The range of courses includes full and part-time Masters in management and MBA programs, doctoral studies and executive education. In 2013 and 2014, HHL achieved one of the top three places for the best start-up universities in Germany in the “Gründungsradar” ranking published by the Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft and the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi). According to the Financial Times, HHL ranks first in the Entrepreneurship area within the M.Sc. and EMBA programs nationally and in the top 5 globally. HHL is accredited by AACSB International. http://www.hhl.de
Features of this press release:
Journalists, students, business representatives, scientists
Information technology, business
Research / knowledge transfer, research results
- What are AM and PM on the radio
- What do you love about Sweden
- Why are there no skyscrapers in Silicon Valley?
- Finding the right career is highly overrated
- Did you learn a lot from school?
- Corrodes acidic human flesh
- How can I stop thinking about girls
- When did people start showering every day?
- What is your 5 idea
- What market opportunities for agricultural micronutrients
- Why do I get dazed a lot
- The DAVV CET Group C is tough
- Is Instagram actually toxic
- Is quality an acquired taste
- Why don't engineers program whiteboards?
- Who is your favorite player in India
- Which is best LED TV in 50
- Evolution Have we reached our final form
- How can I start developing learning skills
- Why do samurai wear masks
- Why is Stonehenge so interesting to people
- Need some advice on creating a news crawler
- Is the Vision Academy good for IAS
- Can the FAFSA pay for an apartment
- How to say Chinatown in Chinese
- Is there a connection between introversion and obsessive-compulsive disorder
- How did the 2019 IPL auction go?
- What is an encrypted signal
- All visible stars are suns
- What are the cannabis strains for introspection
- What are the origins of Islamic fundamentalism
- What does the word Charkha mean
- Why does Noam Chomsky condemn Israel
- Can recognize OCR handwriting